REFUSING TO DIE IN SILENCE - Video
[ 20/09/2011 - 04:40 PM ]
NABLUS, (PIC)– Jewish settlers pelted homes in the West Bank village of Asira al-Qibliyya, southwest of Nablus, in a dangerous outbreak of racial attacks coinciding with a bid by Palestinian politicians to get full membership in the UN.
Locals said a group of settlers held a rally that began in nearby Yitzhar settlement, reputed for its extremism, and stoned houses in Asira al-Qibliyya as the march progressed in that direction.
The sources added that a cameraman was hit in the chest with a rock as he tried to document the attack.
Palestinians residing in the settlement-infested region south of Nablus have reported a burst of settler attacks in conjunction with the launch of massive rallies headed for Itamar settlement as announced by settlers.
The rally is expected to inflame the sentiments of the local Palestinian population, especially in flashpoint areas where frequent friction with settlers takes place..
The rally was called for by Jewish rabbis in opposition to the Palestinians’ request for statehood at the UN.
On Monday, Jewish settlers set fire to dozens of dunams area of land in Einabus south of Nablus in the framework of those attacks.
- Settlers Attack – in pictures
- Operation Summer Seeds: Israel trains & arms settlers to attack Palestinian protesters
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements | EI
- France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”
- Israel Warns Chemical Weapons Will Be Used Against Peaceful Palestine Protests
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades
- Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com
- Special Topic | Settler Violence