Maan News Agency | October 24, 2011
BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — Israeli forces issued a military order on Sunday to confiscate 37,000 square meters of private land from near the Cremisan Monastery in Beit Jala.
One of the landowners told Ma’an that Israeli forces handed confiscation warrants to him and other farmers on Sunday evening. The land slated for confiscation is used for agricultural cultivation, he said, adding that Israel is annexing the area to construct the separation wall.
Land owners submitted a complaint at the civil administration office in Etzion but it was rejected, the land owner said.
Israel began constructing the separation wall in 2002. It stated that the wall was necessary for security purposes after a number of Palestinian suicide attacks within Israel during the second intifada.
When the 435-mile barrier is complete, however, 85 percent of it will have been built inside the occupied West Bank. In 2004, the International Court of Justice ruled that the separation wall was illegal and “tantamount to annexation.”
Villages affected by land confiscation as a result of the wall regularly demonstrate as part of a grassroots movement to counter the loss of land and fragmentation of community life.
Walaja village, near Bethlehem, and the villages of Nilin and Bilin near Ramallah, are the most well known examples of regular non-violent protests against the separation wall, although villages across the West Bank resist the annexation of land through popular protest.
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000′s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing