OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (PIC) — The Islamic – Christian Commission in Support of Jerusalem and Holy Sites warned of the occupation authorities’ settlement activities that have been escalated recently, especially in Jerusalem as the construction of 1,100 settlement units in “Givat Hamots” in Eastern occupied Jerusalem, and that aim at Judaizing the city and its holy sites.
Secretary General of the Islamic-Christian Commission, Dr. Hanna Issa, considered the occupation authorities’ ongoing construction and expansion of Zionist settlements in Jerusalem and its suburbs a violation of international humanitarian law, an impediment to negotiations and to reaching a lasting peace in the Middle East. Dr Issa pointed out that these Zionist measures are incompatible with the roadmap, which obliges the occupation to end all settlement activities, including the so-called “natural growth”.
Dr. Issa added that the Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories are illegal, and violate the international humanitarian law, specifically Article 49 (paragraph 6) of the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 which states that (the occupying country may not deport or move part of its own civilian population to the territories it occupies). “
He also noted that the repeated resolutions of the National Security Council, the UN General Assembly and the International Court of Justice on the construction of the separation wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory by the occupation, have conclusively confirmed that the international community does not recognize any right for the occupation to construct settlements in Eastern Jerusalem which remains part of the occupied Palestinian territories.
Therefore, the Islamic – Christian commission calls on the international community and the States which signed the Fourth Geneva Convention to urgently act in order to deter the escalation of settlement indicating that the only way to achieve a just and lasting peace is linked to respecting the basic principles that international law is based on as well as the principles of human rights and international humanitarian law.
Dr. Issa stressed that: “The international community has to pressure the occupation authorities to stop all its settlement projects in the occupied territories and to respect the international law.”
It should be noted that the successive Zionist governments have been encouraging the occupation to set up settlements in Eastern Jerusalem and in the rest of the occupied Palestinian territories since the beginning of its occupation in 1967. Statistics indicate that the number of settlements in the West Bank has reached more than 440 locations, knowing that the number of settlers there is more than half a million.
Watch Caught on Camera: Ethnic Cleansing
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000′s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Occupation planning to build 1.000.000 housing unites in next 10 years | October 26, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
- MK Danon intros bill to annex West Bank: “The tree that Abbas climbed up cld produce the fruit of the Zionist endeavor”/a>
- Israeli cabinet may respond to UNESCO vote with ‘punitive’ settlement construction | Ynet Nov 1, 2011
- Likud MK: “Delete” Gaza neighborhood for each rocket fired – Nov 10, 2011
- Israeli Jews brainwashed for final ethnic cleansing
- >Netanyahu: “I will sign a permanent agreement only if it includes Israel’s remaining in the Jordan Valley.” | Jan 30, 2012
Netanyahu’s Likud on it’s website: “The Jordan River as a Permanent Border”
The Jordan Valley and the territories that dominate it shall be under Israeli sovereignty. The Jordan river will be the permanent eastern border of the State of Israel. The Kingdom of Jordan is a desirable partner in the permanent status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians in matters that will be agreed upon.
“The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.“
Source: Likud platform
Latest Reports of the United Nations
- New UN Report Shows Sharp Rise In Palestinians Uprooted By Israeli Demolitions – IMEMC – Jan 27, 2012
- Report OCHA – Demolitions & Forced Displacement – Year 2011 – Report | PDF
Israel’s Jerusalem municipality plans to build more than 50,000 (updated Dec 3, 2011: 85.000) new homes in the city’s occupied eastern sector over two decades:
- 23,628 homes have already been approved, 20,263 in East Jerusalem and 3,365 in the west.
- 13,824 are pending review, 12,819 in East Jerusalem and 1,005 in the west.
- 23,266 housing units are still in planning stages, 19,281 in the east and 3,985 in the west.
Of these, the municipality plans:
- 10,366 homes in northern East Jerusalem, including illegal Israeli settlement Pisgat Zeev and Palestinian town Beit Hanina.
- 5,239 homes in southern East Jerusalem, including Gilo settlement and Palestinian district Beit Safafa.
- 4,886 new units in central eastern Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan and Jerusalem’s Old City.
Besides this, Israel approved plans to ethnic cleanse 57.000 bedouin from Palestine
Save yourself time. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing