The conservative Israeli government of Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, reached agreement with residents of the Ulpana illegal settlement, near the central West Bank city of Ramallah, stating that Israel will build 300 apartment units for Jewish settlers, in exchange for relocating five illegal homes.
File – Maan Images
Israeli Ynet News reported that Zalman Melamed, the Rabbi of Beit El illegal settlement, and representatives of the Israeli government, reached the deal on Tuesday.
The five illegal homes will be relocated to a location within the settlement boundaries, and “in return”, Israel will construct 300 units on what it calls “state land”.
The five homes in question were built, by Israel’s admission, on privately-owned Palestinian lands; the settlers will leave their homes in a week.
Ynet added that the implementation of the agreement requires the approval of the Israeli High Court of Justice, but approval is practically guaranteed.
Despite the fact that Israel will be building 300 new units for the settlers in the occupied West Bank, some settlers in Ulpana were complaining about what they called the “eviction” of the five homes, and said that the move “shames the government”.
Netanyahu will be presenting the deal to the so-called Ministerial Committee on Settlements during its meeting Wednesday.
The government of Netanyahu and his coalition partners, most of them settlers and supporters of the settlement movement, is one of the most fundamentalist coalition governments in Israel’s history, and one of the strongest supporters of the illegal settlement movement.
Israel’s settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories are illegal under International Law, and also violate the Fourth Geneva Convention to which Israel is a signatory.
The West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem, is riddled with settlements taking over large areas of Palestinian lands. These are usually situated on hilltops to prevent the Palestinians from their natural right to expand their communities and from having access to what is left of their lands.
Israel’s illegal Annexation Wall in the West Bank is built in a manner that isolates Palestinian farmers from their farmlands and orchards in the West Bank, and allows the expansion of existing illegal Israeli settlements.
On July 9, 2004, the International Court of Justice at The Hague, in the Netherlands, issued an advisory ruling considering the Israel’s Annexation Wall as illegal, and warned of the legal consequences of its construction.
Similar to all United Nations and Security Council resolutions calling on Israel to withdraw from the occupied territories, Israel ignored the ruling.
Watch Caught on Camera: Ethnic Cleansing
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000′s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Occupation planning to build 1.000.000 housing unites in next 10 years | October 26, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
- MK Danon intros bill to annex West Bank: “The tree that Abbas climbed up cld produce the fruit of the Zionist endeavor”/a>
- Israeli cabinet may respond to UNESCO vote with ‘punitive’ settlement construction | Ynet Nov 1, 2011
- Likud MK: “Delete” Gaza neighborhood for each rocket fired – Nov 10, 2011
- Israeli Jews brainwashed for final ethnic cleansing
- >Netanyahu: “I will sign a permanent agreement only if it includes Israel’s remaining in the Jordan Valley.” | Jan 30, 2012
Netanyahu’s Likud on it’s website: “The Jordan River as a Permanent Border”
The Jordan Valley and the territories that dominate it shall be under Israeli sovereignty. The Jordan river will be the permanent eastern border of the State of Israel. The Kingdom of Jordan is a desirable partner in the permanent status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians in matters that will be agreed upon.
“The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.“
Source: Likud platform
Latest Reports of the United Nations
- New UN Report Shows Sharp Rise In Palestinians Uprooted By Israeli Demolitions – IMEMC – Jan 27, 2012
- Report OCHA – Demolitions & Forced Displacement – Year 2011 – Report | PDF
Israel’s Jerusalem municipality plans to build more than 50,000 (updated Dec 3, 2011: 85.000) new homes in the city’s occupied eastern sector over two decades:
- 23,628 homes have already been approved, 20,263 in East Jerusalem and 3,365 in the west.
- 13,824 are pending review, 12,819 in East Jerusalem and 1,005 in the west.
- 23,266 housing units are still in planning stages, 19,281 in the east and 3,985 in the west.
Of these, the municipality plans:
- 10,366 homes in northern East Jerusalem, including illegal Israeli settlement Pisgat Zeev and Palestinian town Beit Hanina.
- 5,239 homes in southern East Jerusalem, including Gilo settlement and Palestinian district Beit Safafa.
- 4,886 new units in central eastern Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan and Jerusalem’s Old City.
Besides this, Israel approved plans to ethnic cleanse 57.000 bedouin from Palestine
Save yourself time. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing