Soldiers Also Attacked Several Nonviolent Protests Across the West Bank
The Freedom Of Freedom and Justice Committee in Bil’in, near the central West Bank city of Ramallah, reported Friday that Israeli soldiers attacked the weekly nonviolent protest against the illegal Annexation Wall and Settlements, leading to several injuries.
Photo By Haitham Al Khatib – Bil’in
The Committee said that resident Mu’awiya Al-Khatib, 17, was shot in his foot while dozens of protesters were treated for the effects of teargas inhalation.
Similar to previous weeks, dozens of local residents, Israeli and international peace activists participated in the protest.
The Committee stated that the soldiers fired rubber-coated metal bullets, stun grenades and gas bombs at the protesters as soon as they arrived at the Abu Lemon area that was returned to the resident following an extended legal battle in Israeli court.
The soldiers also sprayed the protesters with waste-water mixed with chemicals; gas bombs and concussion grenades fired by the army also led to fires in olive orchards.
It is worth mentioning that a Brazilian delegation also participated in the protests that marked the eighth anniversary of an advisory ruling of the International Court of Justice, in which the court ruled that the Annexation Wall is illegal and called for its removal.
Israel confiscated nearly %60 of the lands owned by Bil’in residents; the stolen lands were used for the construction of illegal Israeli settlements and the illegal Annexation Wall.
Hundreds of residents and activists were injured during Israeli military attacks against nonviolent protests in Bil’in, the nearby Ni’lin and Nabi Saleh villages, Al Ma’sara village, south of Bethlehem, Kufr Qaddoum near the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, and several other villages in the West Bank.
In Kufr Qaddoum, a 40-year old man, Majid Jum’ah, was kidnapped during the non-violent protest while several protestors were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation after they were bombarded with canisters. A house was evacuated due to nearby fires resulting from teargas bombs fired by the army.
Bil’in is a leading village in creative nonviolent resistance against the Annexation Wall and settlements, and became the target of continuous Israeli invasions that also include the kidnapping of several figures of the nonviolent resistance movement.
Several residents, including Jawaher Abu Rahma and her brother Basel Abu Rahma, were killed by Israeli fire and gas bombs during as the army uses excessive force against the nonviolent protesters.
Watch Caught on Camera: Ethnic Cleansing
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000’s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Occupation planning to build 1.000.000 housing unites in next 10 years | October 26, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
- MK Danon intros bill to annex West Bank: “The tree that Abbas climbed up cld produce the fruit of the Zionist endeavor”/a>
- Israeli cabinet may respond to UNESCO vote with ‘punitive’ settlement construction | Ynet Nov 1, 2011
- Likud MK: “Delete” Gaza neighborhood for each rocket fired – Nov 10, 2011
- Israeli Jews brainwashed for final ethnic cleansing
- >Netanyahu: “I will sign a permanent agreement only if it includes Israel’s remaining in the Jordan Valley.” | Jan 30, 2012
Netanyahu’s Likud on it’s website: “The Jordan River as a Permanent Border”
The Jordan Valley and the territories that dominate it shall be under Israeli sovereignty. The Jordan river will be the permanent eastern border of the State of Israel. The Kingdom of Jordan is a desirable partner in the permanent status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians in matters that will be agreed upon.
“The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.“
Source: Likud platform
Latest Reports of the United Nations
- New UN Report Shows Sharp Rise In Palestinians Uprooted By Israeli Demolitions – IMEMC – Jan 27, 2012
- Report OCHA – Demolitions & Forced Displacement – Year 2011 – Report | PDF
Israel’s Jerusalem municipality plans to build more than 50,000 (updated Dec 3, 2011: 85.000) new homes in the city’s occupied eastern sector over two decades:
- 23,628 homes have already been approved, 20,263 in East Jerusalem and 3,365 in the west.
- 13,824 are pending review, 12,819 in East Jerusalem and 1,005 in the west.
- 23,266 housing units are still in planning stages, 19,281 in the east and 3,985 in the west.
Of these, the municipality plans:
- 10,366 homes in northern East Jerusalem, including illegal Israeli settlement Pisgat Zeev and Palestinian town Beit Hanina.
- 5,239 homes in southern East Jerusalem, including Gilo settlement and Palestinian district Beit Safafa.
- 4,886 new units in central eastern Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan and Jerusalem’s Old City.
Besides this, Israel approved plans to ethnic cleanse 57.000 bedouin from Palestine
Save yourself time. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing