Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported Thursday that the Legal Counselor of the Israeli Government sent an official document to Israeli Defense Minister, Ehud Barak, asking him ensure the government closely monitors illegal constructions conducted by Israeli settlers in the West Bank.
Image By Arabs48
Barak said that the Civil Administration Office in the occupied West Bank must thoroughly monitor illegal constructions in order to be able to file charges against violators.
Haaretz said that the Counselor, Yehuda Feinstein, sent his letter to Barak several months ago, in an attempt to crack down on illegal constructions in Israeli settlements and settlement outposts in the occupied West Bank.
He said that, so far, no actions were taken against the illegal constructions, and no charges were filed against the violators.
Barak responded to Feinstein’s letter by informing him that “the issue is currently being dealt with”, and that the government is currently weighing the possibility of training personnel of the Monitoring Unit of the Civil Administration Office in order to grant them the power to conduct and lead criminal investigations, and to press charges against violators.
Haaretz added that, “despite the fact that the monitoring teams are active in monitoring constructions in settlements, and despite their ability to identify violators in a timely manner and to issue demolition orders, such orders are implemented in a very slow manger, and face continuous delays, due to pressures practiced by right-wing coalition parties of the Netanyahu government.
This is happening besides the fact that the current right-wing government headed by Benjamin Netanyahu is acting on boosting settlement construction and expansion activities in the occupied West Bank.
Settlements are illegal under International Law, and under the Fourth Geneva Convention to which Israel is a signatory.
Watch Caught on Camera: Ethnic Cleansing
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000′s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Occupation planning to build 1.000.000 housing unites in next 10 years | October 26, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
- MK Danon intros bill to annex West Bank: “The tree that Abbas climbed up cld produce the fruit of the Zionist endeavor”/a>
- Israeli cabinet may respond to UNESCO vote with ‘punitive’ settlement construction | Ynet Nov 1, 2011
- Likud MK: “Delete” Gaza neighborhood for each rocket fired – Nov 10, 2011
- Israeli Jews brainwashed for final ethnic cleansing
- >Netanyahu: “I will sign a permanent agreement only if it includes Israel’s remaining in the Jordan Valley.” | Jan 30, 2012
Netanyahu’s Likud on it’s website: “The Jordan River as a Permanent Border”
The Jordan Valley and the territories that dominate it shall be under Israeli sovereignty. The Jordan river will be the permanent eastern border of the State of Israel. The Kingdom of Jordan is a desirable partner in the permanent status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians in matters that will be agreed upon.
“The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.“
Source: Likud platform
Latest Reports of the United Nations
- New UN Report Shows Sharp Rise In Palestinians Uprooted By Israeli Demolitions – IMEMC – Jan 27, 2012
- Report OCHA – Demolitions & Forced Displacement – Year 2011 – Report | PDF
Israel’s Jerusalem municipality plans to build more than 50,000 (updated Dec 3, 2011: 85.000) new homes in the city’s occupied eastern sector over two decades:
- 23,628 homes have already been approved, 20,263 in East Jerusalem and 3,365 in the west.
- 13,824 are pending review, 12,819 in East Jerusalem and 1,005 in the west.
- 23,266 housing units are still in planning stages, 19,281 in the east and 3,985 in the west.
Of these, the municipality plans:
- 10,366 homes in northern East Jerusalem, including illegal Israeli settlement Pisgat Zeev and Palestinian town Beit Hanina.
- 5,239 homes in southern East Jerusalem, including Gilo settlement and Palestinian district Beit Safafa.
- 4,886 new units in central eastern Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan and Jerusalem’s Old City.
Besides this, Israel approved plans to ethnic cleanse 57.000 bedouin from Palestine
Save yourself time. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing