Written by Free Gaza Movement | 21 October 2012
for immediate release
Montreal: The Freedom Flotilla Coalition is concerned about the treatment of the Estelle crew by Israeli authorities. The Estelle was attacked by the IDF at 10AM local time on Saturday.
Eighteen hours later the crew had still to meet consular representatives or lawyers. Circulating reports about the use of force and tasers during the attack on the Estelle increase our worries about the well-being of the crew members.
The Freedom Flotilla Coalition is also concerned about reports that Israeli crew members were transferred to Ashkelon prison and will face persecution.
“Despite the confirmed deportation of some of the crew members (from Greece and Italy) we are deeply concerned about the continuing detention of the others, including Jim Manly,” said Ehab Lotayef, noting Manly is a former Canadian MP (1980-88) and retired United Church Minister.
“We call on all governments to increase pressure on the Israeli government to ensure the Estelle crew are treated with dignity, that their rights as non-violent protesters be respected and that they all be released immediately,” said Lotayef.
For more information:
Ehab Lotayef 514-941-9792
Sandra Ruch 416-716-4010
Nino Pagliccia 604-831-982
Sign the Petition → Lift the Siege on Gaza
- Press Release | Estelle Flotilla to Gaza – Press Release (incl pressinfo)
- Law | United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea | United Nations (PDF)
- The Mavi Marmara Massacre | Full Report, Resources & Photos
- All related posts about this and current and previous Flotillas | Category Flotilla
- The Brutal Israeli blockade on Gaza | Arab News
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums