Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported that the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is preparing the international public opinion for a large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip, adding that it seems that Netanyahu has already decided to conduct a large ground offensive against the coastal region.
Reprinted From PNN
Haaretz stated that ministers of the Likud party of Netanyahu are competing on who will utter harsher threats against the Hamas movement in Gaza, adding that it does not seem that Netanyahu is enthusiastic about an opportunity to launch an offensive against Gaza.
But the paper also stated that, during a press briefing Sunday, a source at the office of Netanyahu said that the Prime Minister is launching a propaganda campaign among the international community to prepare international public opinion for a large scale Israeli offensive against coastal strip.
Haaretz said that the current situation Netanyahu is facing is that he is facing public criticism in the country regarding the failure to stop Palestinian fighters from firing shells into Israel, but at the same time is not getting international support to launch a larger war on Gaza.
Therefore, Israel wants to “prepare the international public opinion for this war” in order to avoid harsh criticism, especially since the Israeli Prime Minister realizes that such a war will not receive international legitimacy, and could even manifest harsh diplomatic consequences.
Haaretz also said that, as Israel approaches general elections, Likud ministers are voicing harsh criticisms of Hamas, while ministers Yisrael Katz, Moshe Ya’alon, and Yuli Edelstein are not only calling for a large-scale offensive on Gaza, but are also calling for renewing the extrajudicial targeted assassinations of Hamas’s political leaders.
Netanyahu is also steering a campaign against Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, in order to discredit him ahead of his plan to apply, by the end of this month, for an observer Palestinian status at the United Nations.
Netanyahu will be addressing the International Community telling it that “Abbas, who claims to represent the entire Palestinian nation, has no control on the situation in Gaza”.
It is worth mentioning that, since Saturday evening, Israel killed seven Palestinians, and wounded dozens of residents in its recent military escalation against the Gaza Strip. Several Israelis were also wounded by Palestinian shells.
But Israel is now trying to win in international public opinion to conduct a large-scaled military offensive against the coastal region, including larger ground invasions.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read: The History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years | Maan
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.