GAZA, (PIC)– The Minister of Awqaf and Religious Affairs in Gaza, Ismail Radwan, confirmed that the occupation destroyed completely three mosques during the recent aggression on the Gaza Strip, while more than 64 mosques were damaged, as well as targeting five cemeteries which led to scattering of the bodies of the martyrs and the dead.
Radwan explained during a press conference held on Wednesday afternoon in front of the destroyed “Abu Khadra Complex “, which houses government departments, that the occupation forces destroyed, during the aggression, ten religious buildings including the headquarters of the Department of Women’s Action and Sharia’a school in Khan Younis, leading to the death of three employees of the Ministry of endowments.
He reported that the total cost of the losses of his ministry, according to preliminary estimates of the Commission in charge of evaluating the damage, is about four million dollars.
The Israeli attack against our people in the Gaza Strip revealed the real racist face of the Israeli entity, the minister said, noting to the Israeli fierce aggression on the Palestinian defenseless people, using warplanes and battleships and guns and all types of weapons, without differentiating between the trees, stone and humans, and between men, the unarmed children, women and elderly, targeting even the mosques and cemeteries.
He added that targeting the mosques is a war crime that violates all humanitarian principles, religious rules and international laws, which revealed the true face of the Israeli entity, noting that it aims to ignite a religious war against Islam and Muslims.
The Minister of Awqaf strongly denounced the Israeli aggression on civilians, children, women, and the elderly, and houses of worship and holy sites, pointing out that “this vicious attack is a war crime against humanity, ethics and values.”
Radwan called on the Organization of the Islamic cooperation and human rights organizations to form an international commission of inquiry to prosecute the occupation for its war crimes against humanity and against the mosques and houses of worship.
He also called on endowment ministers in Arab and Muslim countries to act to protect the mosques and houses of worship and holy sites, and to support the Palestinian people in the face of aggression, stressing the right of the Palestinian people to exercise their natural right of freedom of worship, asking them to rebuild mosques destroyed during the recent aggression.
Abdel Salam Syam, Secretary General of the Council of Ministers, stated that the government’s priorities in the current phase will focus on the reconstruction of houses and properties destroyed by the Israeli war machine.
Seyam stressed in a press conference on Wednesday that the government will bear full responsibility towards those affected by the Israeli aggression, emphasizing that they do everything they can to improve the living conditions of citizens, especially in health, education and municipal services.
He noted that the government and all ministries’ employees did not leave their work during the aggression and worked to secure the internal front and to provide security and basic needs to all the citizens during the aggression days.
He announced that the government is urgently seeking to provide housing for the victims of aggression and to provide emergency aid for displaced families and the families of the martyrs and the wounded, praising the steadfastness of the families of the martyrs and the wounded during the Israeli brutal attack.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read: The History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years | Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.