GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — Two Palestinians were injured on Saturday by Israeli gunfire near the border fence in eastern Gaza, medics said, as Hamas accused Israel of violating the Egyptian mediated ceasefire.
Both men were taken to hospital in northern Gaza after the incident, the sixth of its kind since a truce was agreed to end eight days of violence between Israel and Hamas.
An Israeli army spokeswoman said “a few Palestinian rioters approached the security fence and in order to distance them soldiers acted in accordance with IDF rules of engagement.”
Hamas accused Israel on Saturday of violating the shaky, Egyptian-brokered Gaza truce of Nov. 21 after a young Palestinian man died late Friday of wounds he sustained hours earlier by Israeli gunfire east of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.
Palestinian medics confirmed Saturday that 21-year-old Mahmoud Jaroun was hit by a gunshot to the pelvis Friday evening, and was evacuated to Abu Yousif An-Najjar Hospital in Rafah before medics announced his death around midnight.
On Friday, 11 Palestinians sustained wounds by Israeli fire along the borders between the Gaza Strip and Israel.
The Gaza Strip’s Hamas government described the death of Jaroun, as well as the Israeli navy’s seizure of Palestinian fisherman, as violations of a ceasefire mediated by Cairo to end a surge of cross-border fighting this month.
“We have discussed this with Egyptian officials, so they guarantee a cessation to those violations,” Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said.
Since a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip was brokered by Egypt, two Palestinians have been shot dead and at least 40 have been injured. Gaza officials say over 30 fishermen have been detained since the agreement.
Abu Zuhri’s remarks did not indicate that the government wants to abandon the ceasefire. The eight days of fighting this month killed at least 170 Palestinians, injuring over 1,000.
Six Israeli were also killed in the violence.
Islamic Jihad also condemned the violations, with its military wing releasing a statement saying that “continued and so flagrant (Israeli) violations would put the calm at risk and push resistance factions to respond in a way they deem suitable.”
Increased Palestinian access to the Gaza fence and to fishing waters heavily patrolled by Israel were among conditions lodged by Hamas and other armed factions in the Cairo talks.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read: The History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years | Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.