LIVE BLOG ABOUT THE DEATH OF ARAFAT JARADAT
RAMALLAH (Ma’an) — Palestinian prisoner Arafat Jaradat, who died last week days after he was detained by Israeli forces, died in an interrogation room in Megiddo prison known for holding informers, says the Palestinian ministry of prisoners affairs.
In a report made public Saturday, the ministry detailed that Jaradat was detained on Feb. 18 and went through a tough interrogation process at a Shin Bet facility in Jalameh detention center.
“He was tortured savagely and was put under psychological pressure on suspicion that he threw stones at Israeli troops,” the report said.
“Then he was moved to an interrogation facility in Megiddo (the “stool pigeons” room) for further investigation because he wouldn’t admit to the charges at Jalameh. Two days after he was moved, he was murdered.”
The ministry’s report described the “stool pigeons’ room” as the most dangerous arm Israeli intelligence services turn to when interrogating Palestinian detainees.
“Prisoners are beaten, tortured, blackmailed and threatened in that room in the absence of any watchdog.”
The report added: “Israeli courts and intelligence services rely on the results of investigations conducted in informer rooms without questioning and scrutinizing the interrogation methods used in these rooms.”
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|