GAZA, (PIC)– Hamas movement denounced the Israeli occupation authorities for retaining prisoner Maysara Abu Hamdiya in jail despite developing cancer.
Hamas said in a statement on Friday that the IOA insistence on retaining Abu Hamdiya behind bars despite his rapidly deteriorating condition meant it was torturing and assassinating him.
It demanded the immediate release of Abu Hamdiya to enable him receive proper treatment and held the IOA fully responsible for his life.
Hamas called on the Palestinian masses to organize rallies in support of Abu Hamdiya and hunger strikers in Israeli occupation jails.
The movement asked all human rights groups and international organizations to save the life of Abu Hamdiya and all other patient and hunger striking prisoners. It also called on the Arab League, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and the world community to pressure the Israeli government into releasing all Palestinian prisoners
|Ministery declares state of emergency – Photography|
|Gaza Health Care in Crisis – January 2012 – Photography|
Articles 55 and 56 of the Fourth Geneva Convention clearly establish that Israel, as the occupying power, not only has a duty to ensure medical supplies reach hospitals in the OPT, but to ensure and maintain the services of the hospitals too. As High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Conventions, other states not only have a moral duty but also a legal obligation to ensure Israel abides by its commitments to the protected population of the OPT.
UN Convention of the Rights of the Child, As a States Party to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Israel is obliged under Article 24 of the treaty to recognise the right of every child under its effective jurisdiction “to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health and to facilities for the treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health. States Parties shall strive to ensure that no child is deprived of his or her right of access to such health care services”.
Related News about Deliberate Deprivation of Health Care by Israel
- June 14, 2012 | WHO: Gaza closure compromises right to health | Maan
- May 29, 2012 | Fuel Crisis Impacts Water and Sanitation & Health Services in Gaza | Source
- May 20, 2012 | “Long and Healthy Lives” of Babies in Danger as Vaccins are Depleted | Alert
- May 18, 2012 | Lives of more than 400 kidney patients at risk in Gaza | Source
Note occpal | As per June 3, 2012 : 204 types of medication and 218 types of medical consumables are depleted completely. 200 others are on their way to depletion. Including zero stock of Thalassamia and Cancer medications are not available.
The fuel crisis prevents normal operation of nurseries, ICU & heart units and the emergency generators will encounter problems to face normal surgery schedules. Due to blackouts of power, also sewerage, water pumps and all operating on power shuts down which poses extra health risks which is unacceptable.
The international community though, is not pressuring Israel though about it’s killing by proxy policies which causes 1.7 million people in Gaza now to be effectively in a state of emergency and severe deprivation.
More Resources or related information:
- June 9, 2012 | Gaza health ministry cautions over 450 medical items running out | Petra Jordan News Agency
- Over 173 Children died due 2 obstructed healthcare: Report Al-Mezan
- Download the Full Report of Al-Mezan (PDF)
- Palestinian deaths following infringement of right to medical treatment – B’ Tselem – Report
- 35 babies died at Israeli checkpoints – Report
- Israel Kills Dialysis in Gaza – 450 Patients Lives Are In Danger – Report
- Dialysis in Paralysis | Electronic Intifada – Report
- Factsheet on Gazan Children’s Access to Medical Care – Al Mezan | 173 children died – Report
- UK Diplomat wife dies after forced to renew Jerusalem permit – Report
- 2 Children & Lives of Dozens of Others Endangered Israel’s Infringement of Medical Care – Report
- Infant close 2 death as Israel denies medication – Report
- Starve Them – Shoot Them – Then Give Them Cancer – Report
PUT PALESTINIANS ON A DIET – Media Bury documents revealing israel’s deliberate policy of near starvation for Gaza – Report
- Israel to Supreme Court to prevent exposure of document containing minimal calorie requirements for Gaza – May1, 2011 – Report
- Israel Restricts the Access of Gaza Patients to Urgent Medical Treatment if their Condition is Not Life-Threatening | In violation of Medical Ethics and International Law | Al Mezan | June 30, 2010 – Report
- Children and Armed Conflict: Developments in the OPT | UN | April 13, 2010 – Report
- Water apartheid leaves Palestinian children ill | Report
Medical care by asked/forced collaboration
- Palestinians hoping to leave Gaza Strip asked to collaborate with Israel – PHR Isael – Dec 28, 2011 – Report
Torture, Healthcare or neglect of healthcare in Prisons
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails | UFree Report
- Doctoring the Evidence Abandoning the Victim – Complicity of Israeli physicians in torture – PHR – Report
- Gaza Siege devastates Health care – Jan 2, 2011 – video
- Avoidable Death of Pregnant women & their Unborn at Israeli Checkpoints – video
- If you have no idea about avoidable mortality by Israel’s deliberate policies: Meet BABY FIRAS – video
SHOCKING REPORT ABOUT EFFECTS FOR HEALTH BY POLICIES & DISCRIMINATION OF MEDICAL CARE & ACCESS TO CARE:
- Arab-Palestinian Citizens of Israel: Discrimination in Access to Health; Lower Health – PHR - Report
While in the horrible holocaust, 1 in 6, so 1 million people died of the Nazi but exactly similar deliberate deprivation, Israel is doing exactly the same to Palestinians. Research (see link below) showed the annual deathrate by violent & passive aggression is about 5000 deaths a year. Called Avoidable mortality or Excess Death.
The Palestinian Genocide – The fact which are being silenced | Research
- Avoidable Mortality - Research by Dr. Gideon Polya
- For all related news about health / related issues in Palestine - Category Health
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians and their children does the international community need to see in order to act?
How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed?
How long so the world intervenes in this ongoing warcrime and it will be stopped once and for all?
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|