Maan News Agency | June 29, 2013
BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) – Israel is not likely to wage another war on the Gaza Strip, though it is possible a conflict could erupt elsewhere in the region, says Hamas official Salah Bardawil.
The senior official told Ma’an Saturday that Israel was likely to point its guns at another area “after Israel obtained a green light from the US.”
He added that the US and Israel were seeking a war which would prove Israel’s military superiority, a privilege which can’t be achieved through a war on Gaza, according to Bardawil.
Asked about the crisis in Egypt, he said he did not expect a civil war there because the Egyptian people realize it will be very destructive and “civil wars are absent in Egypt’s history.”
Bardawil applauded Egypt and lauded the biggest Arab country’s “historic depth” for the Palestinians, adding that whatever “harms Egypt will eventually harm Palestine more than any Arab country.”
On the ongoing unrest in Syria and the possible outcomes, the Hamas official ruled out the possibility of military intervention by the US or other Western countries. “Foreign countries can’t resolve the conflict militarily, and Arab countries must design a strategy to bring this deterioration to an end.”
Bardawil criticized Hezbollah’s intervention in the conflict.
“Unfortunately, Hezbollah has been driven into a marginal battle and ignored the real enemy Israel, which reflected a negative image about the group. Intervention in the Syrian conflict isn’t in the right direction.
“It is unacceptable to take a bypass path to Palestine that goes through Syrian cities slaughtering their children and women. This is an illogical justification,” Bardawil added, responding to remarks by the secretary-general of Hezbollah Sheikh Hasan Nasrullah.
However, Bardawil added that contacts in the field between Hezbollah and Hamas are still ongoing, but addressing only one issue — Palestinian refugees in Lebanon and Syria.
As for relations between Hamas and Iran, he said that “the word ‘boycott’ doesn’t appear in Hamas’ lexicon.”
He said that it wouldn’t be an easy decision for Iran to sever ties with a resistance movement like Hamas “which spearheads confrontations with Israel.” Nevertheless, he said it partly froze financial support to Hamas in Gaza.
Asked about US Secretary of State John Kerry’s shuttle diplomacy in the region, the Hamas official asserted that Kerry was biased toward Israel.
“Kerry isn’t managing a crisis, but rather siding with Israel. He doesn’t even have in mind that he should address the issue justly. The US has other priorities which are much more important than the Palestinian issue, especially because the US is confident that Israel is superior militarily, and because Arab countries are busy with internal conflicts.”
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years - Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No, Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 21, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 20, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 19, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 18, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 17, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 16, 2012| LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 15, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 14, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 13, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 12, 2012| LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 11, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 10, 2012| LIVE BLOG
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.