BEERSHEBA, Israel (Ma’an) — Israeli forces demolished two Palestinian homes in a Negev village on Wednesday.
Israeli police cordoned off a neighborhood in the town of Arara Ba-Negev, before bulldozers arrived and destroyed the al-Rahahleh’s family home.
Israeli forces then destroyed a home belonging to the al-Mahthi family.
Taleb Abu Arar, a Bedouin Mk, said the demolitions prove that “we must escalate our struggle and make the Israeli government understand that the destruction is unacceptable.”
Last week, Israeli authorities demolished the Bedouin village of al-Araqib for the 54th time.
Resident Aziz al-Turi said Israeli forces arrived carrying weapons and batons to intimidate villagers in Al-Araqib before bulldozers tore down all the homes in the Negev village.
Israeli authorities also bulldozed homes and buildings on Thursday in the Negev village of Abu Qreinat, resident Maher Abu Qreinat told Ma’an.
The Israeli government in January approved the Prawer-Begin Bill, calling for the relocation of 30,000 – 40,000 Bedouin, the demolition of about 40 villages and the confiscation of more than 700,000 dunums of land in the Negev.
Full text of the Prawer Plan
The Prawer Plan: What you need to know
What is the Prawer Plan
Demolition and Eviction of Bedouin Citizens of Israel in the Naqab (Negev) – The Prawer Plan
- Cancel the Prawer Plan
- Recognize the “unrecognized villages” and the land claims of the indigenous Arab Bedouin community
- Halt home demolitions and forced evictions
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with the Arab Bedouin community and the Arab political leadership to justly resolve the land claims
- Invest in greater health, education, and employment opportunities for Arab Bedouin citizens of Israel
Related in Media
- ‘When I look at the Prawer Plan, I see another Nakba’ – Source
- 2005: advisor to Peres already told US Negev “development” plan meant “relocation” of 65,000 Bedouin – Source
- All the Facts About Bedouin Settlement of the Negev ~ by Rabbis for Human Rights
- Adalah “Palestinian community prepares for General Strike against the Prawer Plan, get to know the people – Source
- Every Red Dot on map: 1 of Palestine’s towns eradicated from earth. Now Israel wants to eradicate 45 more towns. – Source
- Stand with @rhreng and support Bedouin rights! – Source
- July 20, 2013 | Amnesty International labels Prawer-Begin Bill as racist – More
- July 21, 2013 |Three Myths about the Bedouin ~ Rabbis for Humanrights
Related: Israel. Not looking for Peace. Nor Talks. But this… ~ The Facts