“The entire enterprise of a Jewish state in Palestine is built upon an express rejection of international law.”
Palestinians watch rescue workers as they search for the bodies of three Hamas militants inside a tunnel targeted by an Israeli air strike, near the border between Israel and Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, on November 2, 2013 less
Gaza, ALRAY – A body of al-Qassam members were recovered from a tunnel in Gaza on Saturday, a security source said.
“The body … was recovered from a tunnel after digging for more than 20 metres (yards) underground near the border” with Israel, east of Khan Younis in the central Gaza Strip, the source said.
Four members of the military wing of Islamic Resistance Movement Hamas were killed late Thursday in clashes sparked by an Israeli raid to destroy the tunnel.
The body recovered on Saturday was that of Khaled Abu Bakr, the source said.
Rescue workers started digging early Saturday for three bodies still missing from the clashes, along with staff from the International Committee for the Red Cross, and watched from the nearby border by Israeli troops.
Spokesman for Palestinian Government told AFP that Egypt had helped persuade Israel to allow the teams to dig.
One of the four men killed, Rabieh Barikeh, was buried on Friday, and Hamas sources had said the other three members’ bodies had also been found.
But a Hamas source in Khan Younis, on condition of anonymity, said three men were killed “in a clash with (Israeli) soldiers … inside the tunnel when the explosion happened and it was shelled by Israeli tanks and aircraft”.
The men had “tried to kidnap Israeli soldiers who entered the tunnel”, he said.
Health Minister Ashraf al-Qidra said emergency crews would resume their search for the remaining two bodies on Monday.
AFP contributed to the report.
- Richard Falk: Situation in Gaza is almost catastrophic
- Fuel Shortage Causes Power Outage in Gaza
- Israel allows local crews to dig out al-Qassam members’ bodies
- World Bank report: Gaza third poorest in Arab region
- Jubilation in West Bank, Gaza upon prisoner release
VIDEO | Martyr Khaled Abu Bakra who killed by Israeli Forces in Khan Younis
For who does not understand the need or concept of the lawful right as stipulated in International Law of resistance regarding occupied Palestine, recommended reads:
- Palestinian Resistance: The Political, Social and Human Right of Self-Defense – Brayer
- Palestinians’ Right to Resist ~ by Stephen Lendman
- International Law and the al-Aqsa Intifada – Prof. Em. Richard Falk
- Self-determination and the “right” to resist occupation – Legal Frontiers
- Resistance to Israeli occupation – a right? – Information Clearing House
- Right of Civil Resistance under International Law &the Domestic Necessity Defense~ Lippman, Matthew – HEIN Online
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years - Source
- The History of Resistance - The Eagle of Palestine
For continuous insight bookmark the following two pages which are live updates 24/7 regarding all Israeli attacks, assaults and violations of Palestinians and their rights, violent and non violent by policies.
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE RESISTANCE “ROCKETS” FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This