Palestinians accused Israeli forces on Monday of shooting a 65-year-old Gazan on his farm near the border with Israel. The Israeli military said it had no knowledge of such a shooting.
The farmer’s son said that three gunshots were fired from an Israeli watchtower overlooking the family’s property, situated close to the security fence that marks the border, and that one of the bullets hit his father in the neck. Israeli forces, wary of Palestinian militants trying to come into Israel, have warned people in Gaza not to approach the fence.
He added that the farmer’s body was being transferred to the nearby Kamal Adwan hospital, AFP reported.
Israeli troops frequently open fire on Gaza residents, who resort to scavenging and collecting scrap metals to make a living under the crippling Tel Aviv-imposed blockade. Earlier on Monday, Israeli warplanes attacked the coastal enclave, leaving two Palestinians injured.
The Israeli military launches attacks on the Palestinian territories on a regular basis.At the turn of 2009, Israel invaded the impoverished Palestinian stretch of land, killing more than 1,400 Palestinians, mostly women and children.
Jan 11, 2011
Jan 10, 2011
- 60-Year-Old Man Killed by Israeli Gunfire in North Gaza PNN
- Medics: Man killed on Gaza border | Ma’ an News
- Farmer ‘killed by Israeli fire’ in Gaza | AFP
- IOF soldiers kill Palestinian farmer in northern Gaza | PIC
- Report: Palestinian farmer killed by IDF fire in Gaza | Jerusalem Post
- Israeli fire kills farmer in GazaEmirates 24/7
- Israel kills Palestinian farmer near Gaza ‘buffer zone’ BBC
- Israeli troops ‘shoot Gaza farmer’ | MWCNEWS
- Elderly Gaza Farmer Reported Killed by Israeli Watchtower Gunfire | NY Times
The Funeral of the Martyred Shab’an al-Qarmoot
Another Victim in 2011 | Murdered by Israel ‘s Inhumane Occupation Forces | Shab’ an al-Qarmoot, 65 years old from Gaza