|[ 11/01/2011 – 03:38 PM ]|
KHAN YOUNIS, (PIC)– A Palestinian fighter affiliated with the Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Islamic Jihad movement, was killed and another one was injured in an Israeli air raid on Khan Younis, south of the Gaza Strip, medical sources reported.
The PIC reporter said that the aerial raid killed Jamil Al-Najjar on the spot and wounded another man east of Khan Younis city.
The Israeli raid falls in line with recent military escalation against the Gaza Strip that killed a Palestinian farmer on Monday while tending to his land north of Beit Hanun, north of the Strip.
Three other raids at dawn Monday wounded a Palestinian citizen in Khan Younis and caused big damage in Gaza and Khan Younis.
Earlier on Tuesday, Israeli occupation forces (IOF) opened heavy machinegun fire at Palestinian houses and cultivated land lots east of Khan Younis.
Witnesses told the PIC reporter that the IOF soldiers opened intensive fire as Apache choppers were hovering over Khan Younis.
- AFP: ‘Man killed’ by Israeli air strike on Gaza | AFP
- Islamic Jihad: Israeli missile kills Gaza gunman | Y-Net
- Targeted IDF strike kills Islamic Jihad militant in Gaza | Haaretz | Haaretz
- Gaza militant killed in Israeli air strike | Monster & Critics
- 1 dead in Gaza airstrike | Ma’ an News Agency
- Islamic Jihad threatens to avenge IAF killing of operative | Jerusalem Post
- Militant killed in airstrike, Palestinian sources say | CNN
- Israel Says It Killed Gaza Militant, Foiling Attack | Bloomberg
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed in Israeli raid | Al Bawaba
- Israeli airstrike kills one Palestinian in Gaza | MiNews 24
- Army Assassinates Fighter In Gaza, Israeli FM Vows Further Assassinations
Another Victim in 2011 | Murdered by Israel ‘s Inhumane Occupation Forces | Jamil Al-Najjar,25 years old, from Gaza