Yildirim condemns Terkel report, announces new fleet to Gaza

[ 25/01/2011 – 09:21 AM ]

 

ISTANBUL, (PIC)– Bulent Yildirim, the head of the Turkish relief organization IHH, condemned the Israeli Terkel committee findings on the Israeli navy attack on the Freedom Flotilla last year.

Yildirim told a press conference in Istanbul on Monday that Israel provided protection for its soldiers through such report.

Israel punished its soldiers who stole money from the passengers aboard that fleet but acquitted soldiers who killed nine Turkish activists, he charged.

The Terkel report is full of lies … “we do not trust Israel and no body trust it”, he said, adding that the report is thus of no value.

The IHH head affirmed that there were no weapons aboard the Mavi Marmara vessel, the largest in the Flotilla, adding that the sea convoy’s goal was solely humanitarian mainly to carry aid to the besieged people in Gaza.

Yildirim announced in conclusion that another fleet would sail for Gaza on 31st May 2011 on the first anniversary of the Israeli attack on the first flotilla. He expected 50 ships to join the new fleet.

Yildirim condemns Terkel report, announces new fleet to Gaza.


Related




Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: