Saturday January 29, 2011 01:54 by Saed Bannoura – IMEMC & Agencies
Palestinian medical sources reported Friday at night that a Palestinian youth was shot and killed by settlers fire in Safa Village, north of the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
The youth, Yousef Ikhlayyil, 17, was shot by a live round in the head and died of his wounds at a local hospital, the Maan News Agency reported.
Mohammad Awad, spokesperson of the National Committee Against the Wall in Beit Ummar town near Hebron, told the Maan News Agency that from than 150 armed settlers of Beit Ayin settlement invaded Safa village and clashed with dozens of residents.
The settlers fired live rounds at the local protestors, and were removed from the village later on by the Israeli army.
The Israeli army arrested a number of settlers involved in the attack, and initiated an investigation into the attack. An army spokesperson demanded the residents of the village to restore calm.
On Thursday, A 19 year old man from the village of Iraq Burin, near Nablus, has been shot and killed by settlers fire.
Israeli journalist Joseph Dana, of the +972 Magazine group, has reported eyewitness statements that Qadous was approached by settlers as he was farming with his cousin, and that the unprovoked settlers shot him dead.
Another Victim in 2011 | Murdered by Israel ‘s Inhumane Occupation | Yousef Ikhlayyil 17 years old from Gaza | Jan 18, 2011
- After Fatal Shooting, Beit Omar Funeral Disrupted by Tear Gas, Two Arrests | Jan 29, 2011
- Mourners, Israel troops clash after West Bank funeral | Jan 29, 2011
- 17-year-old Boy Killed In Beit Ummar, Hundreds Protest After Funeral | Jan 29, 2011
- Palestinian teen brain dead after being shot by settlers in Beit Ummar | Joseph Dana (Including Video) Jan 29, 2011
- Teen shot by settlers dies in hospital | Jan 29, 2011
- Jewish settlers kill another Palestinian teen in Al-Khalil | Jan 29, 2011
- Settlers killed a 17 year-old Palestinian boy| Les colons ont tué un jeune de 17 ans, Saffa, 28.01.2011