Medics: Settlers attack Palestinian man

<
NABLUS (Ma’an) – A Palestinian man was hospitalized Saturday after he was attacked by a group of settlers in Nablus, medics said.

Mahmoud Rashad Atallah, 30, was driving near the illegal Yitzhar settlement when settlers obstructed his car and assaulted him.

Attallah sustained injuries to his head and chest and was taken by ambulance to Rafedia hospital, medics from the Palestinian Red Crescent said.

On Friday, 35-year-old Talal Ad-Dmeidi was beaten with sticks by settlers in the same area.

A day earlier, masked settlers attacked two Palestinian constructions workers and an Israeli security guard with knives, pipes and pepper spray at Shilo settlement in Nablus.

Settler violence has escalated in the northern West Bank since Israeli officials blamed Palestinians for the murders of five Israelis in Itamar settlement last weekend.

Some settler groups vowed revenge, although suspects have yet to be identified.

Settlers have uprooted olive trees, torched cars, smashed windows, opened fire on Palestinian vehicles, spray painted homes, thrown rocks and bottles at Palestinian homes and cars and attacked civilians across the West Bank over the last week.

Maan News Agency: Medics: Settlers attack Palestinian man.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: