Health Minister: Internationally banned weapons used in Israeli aggression

[ 09/04/2011 – 05:10 PM

GAZA, (PIC)– Gaza Minister of Health Bassem Naeem has confirmed that Israel has used internationally banned weapons during its ongoing attack on the Gaza Strip that has left 17 Palestinians dead and injured around 60, most of them women, children and the elderly.

Most of the injuries took place on all parts of the bodies while fragments have not yet been found, he explained, adding that that indicates that white phosphorous and other chemical weapons had been used in the attacks.

The ”systematic and programmed” aggression has indiscriminately affected women, children and the elderly, the minister said after rounds in the Shifa Hopital Saturday morning to inspect those wounded during the past three days of aggression.

Naeem also confirmed that the Israeli strikes directly targeted medical teams injuring two paramedics. He said the emergency commission had coordinated with relevent organizations to ensure those teams would arrive at the scenes of attacks without being intercepted.

”We are astonished at the silence of the world community over these crimes. There are many world parties that have been pressuring the Palestinians to keep a calm and restrain from responding,” Naeem said.

He also warned the aggression coupled with the Israeli siege on the region could create a health disaster as he announced the depletion of more than 150 medicines and medical supplies.

He said the government in Gaza has received a positive stance from many parties abroad, including Egypt. He expressed hope that the new Egyptian government would open up the Rafah crossing on its borders with Gaza once and for all

Source

 

Related

We ask, how many more dead corpses of Palestinian children and women does the international community need to see in order to act?

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: