Second Freedom Flotilla will include 600 activists from 40 countries

[ 24/05/2011 – 05:29 PM PIC ]

AMMAN, (PIC)– The sequel to the Gaza flotilla attacked by Israeli occupation forces in May 2010 will include 600 passengers from 40 countries, according to the latest figures given by Jordanian Lifeline committee chairman Wael al-Saqa.

So far, forty activists from Jordan alone are registered to participate in the flotilla, Saqa said.

He added in a press statement on Tuesday that the flotilla includes 12 ships in addition to the Turkish Mavi Marmara, which was attacked by the Israeli occupation naval forces in the first mission.

Saqa pointed out that talks are still underway on whether or not another ship will be purchased with Arab funds, highlighting that the Lifeline committee would contribute 20 percent of the total costs, which are estimated at 1.6 million euros.

The flotilla’s departure date was put back to late June because the international Lifeline committee wanted to allow for the Turkish participants to take part in elections due to take place in Turkey this June, Saqa said.

Source






Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: