Hamas: No Gaza role in deadly Eilat attacks

Maan news Agency | Aug 18, 2011  (updated)

GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — Hamas has denied accusations by the Israeli defense minister that Gaza was the source of attacks in southern Israel that left at least seven people dead Thursday.

Hamas leader Salah Bardawil told Ma’an radio that Israel blamed Hamas and Gaza groups in order to deflect attention from its domestic economic crisis and security failures.

Bardawil warned that Israel was preparing to attack Gaza during Ramadan, adding that resistance would be swift if this occurred.

The defense minister, Ehud Barak, said earlier in a statement that “The real source of the terror is in Gaza and we will act against them with full force and determination.”

Barak also said the attack reflected a “weak Egyptian hold” on the Sinai.

Source

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: