OCHA: Israel persists in expelling Palestinians from their homes in O. J’lem


Ethnic Cleansing – Topic | Settlement Construction – CategoryPictures


[ 26/11/2011 – 09:24 AM ]

RAMALLAH, (PIC)– For the second time in two weeks, an Israeli court has ordered the eviction of another Palestinian family by the end of the month from their home in the Silwan area in occupied Jerusalem, the UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA) said in a weekly report.

OCHA’s report, which covers Israel’s violations of human rights that happened from November 16 to 22, said that both court orders were issued in the context of settler activity in the area.

According to the report, this family is composed of six members including four children and has been given until the end of the current month to vacate their home and hand over the keys to the court.

This was the second expulsion order issued by an Israeli court within two weeks, it added.

Also in Silwan, the Israeli occupation authority (IOA) requisitioned a piece of land, 850 square meters, belonging to a Palestinian family and the Greek Orthodox Church in order to build a public parking lot.

Settler violence and clashes between the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) and Palestinians this week in Jerusalem and the West Bank resulted in the injury of 11 Palestinians including two children and damage to property.

The settlers, during the reporting period, cut down 15 olive trees belonging to Palestinian farmers in Burin village of Nablus city.

Sewage that is still leaked from Revava settlement damaged dozens of olive trees belonging to Deir Istiya village in Salfit.

This week, the IOA demolished two Palestinian-owned structures in area C of the West Bank, both in Al-Khalil province, at the pretext of unlicensed construction.

The two demolished structures included one water pool and one water cistern in the villages of Al-Baqa and Al-Udeisa. As a result, the livelihoods of 29 people, including 14 children, who used the structures for irrigation, were affected. This week’s demolitions bring the total number of water-related structures demolished since the beginning of 2011 to 43.

The IOA also delivered stop-work orders against a mosque, 11 residences and a stone factory in Al-Khalil and Bethlehem cities.

In the context of the re-routing of the segregation wall southwest of Azzun Atmeh village in Qalqiliya city, which started the past week, Israeli bulldozers continued leveling the land along the new route.

So far, approximately 130 dunums of cultivated land belonging to 100 farmers were bulldozed, including the uprooting of some 500 trees. In addition, farmers were forced to dismantle nine greenhouses and approximately 7,000 meters of irrigation networks located along the new route.

Once complete, this section of the segregation wall will isolate some 400 dunums of lands that will be located in the closed area between the wall and the green line, requiring farmers to obtain permits to access their agricultural lands.

During this period, the IOA also bulldozed 18 dunums of land, cultivated with corn by a Palestinian farmer from the Jericho area, and 400 dunums of uncultivated land close to Kafr Addik village in Salfit. In both cases, the IOA claimed that the land was a state land.

Regarding Gaza siege, the report stated that Israel’s restrictions on access to areas near the border fence continue to undermine the safety and livelihoods of thousands of Palestinians. On one occasion, the IOF launched an incursion of 300 meters into the Gaza Strip and withdrew after conducting land leveling.

Also, Israeli military restrictions continue to be enforced on fishing zones beyond three nautical miles. In two incidents, the Israeli navy opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats forcing them ashore.

The report also highlighted the issue of tunnels used by Gazans in order to deal with the effects of Israel’s blockade.

On 18 November, a Palestinian workman was killed after being electrocuted inside a tunnel in a Gaza-Egypt border area.

Since the beginning of 2011, 34 Palestinians have been killed and 50 others injured in tunnel-related incidents, including air strikes, tunnel collapse, and electrocution.

Tunnel activity remains the main source for the transfer of vital needs and construction materials that are still restricted through the official crossings, as well as fuel that is significantly cheaper to buy from Egypt than from Israel, OCHA said.

Source and more at the Palestinian Information Center




Gaza Under Attack – in pictures | Attacks on Gaza Timeline




Israel’s Jerusalem municipality plans to build more than 50,000 new homes in the city’s occupied eastern sector over two decades:

  • 23,628 homes have already been approved, 20,263 in East Jerusalem and 3,365 in the west.
  • 13,824 are pending review, 12,819 in East Jerusalem and 1,005 in the west.
  • 23,266 housing units are still in planning stages, 19,281 in the east and 3,985 in the west.



Of these, the municipality plans:

  • 10,366 homes in northern East Jerusalem, including illegal Israeli settlement Pisgat Zeev and Palestinian town Beit Hanina.
  • 5,239 homes in southern East Jerusalem, including Gilo settlement and Palestinian district Beit Safafa.
  • 4,886 new units in central eastern Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan and Jerusalem’s Old City.

Read More



Besides this, Israel approved plans to ethnic cleanse 57.000 bedouin from Palestine



Save yourself time. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing



Comments are closed.

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: