Gaza Under Attack – Timeline | In pictures Aug-Sept 2011 | Oct-Nov 2011 | Dec 2011
Hamas accused Israel of escalating tension after an Israeli airstrike killed two people and wounded five more in Gaza City on Thursday.
Hamas health officials said an Israeli missile struck a car near a crowded park in central Gaza City killing two instantly and bursting the car into flames.
Hamas government official, Ahmad Abu Ayesh al-Najjar, accused the Israelis of escalating tension in Gaza, and violating an “undeclared truce.”
“The Zionist entity does not need any excuses to attack Palestinians…the Israeli army is trying to escalate things and force the Palestinians to respond,” al-Najjar told al-Akhbar.
Media reports identified the dead as brothers Issam al-Batish and Sobhi al-Batish, with unconfirmed reports they were members of Hamas’ military wing, the al-Qassam Brigades.
The airstrike was also confirmed by an Israeli military spokesperson who said the attack was carried out because the two men were believed to be planning an operation to attack Israeli civilians near the border with Egypt’s Sinai peninsula.
This was denied by al-Najjar, who said the men were in civilian clothes when attacked.
“This is the repeated story of the Zionist entity, all the time they claim the civilians they target are planning to attack the Zionist entity, but it’s only Palestinians getting killed,” he said.
“[Israel’s accusations are] just an excuse to justify this monstrous attack on the Palestinian people,” he added.
The Israel spokesperson also said one of the men was suspected to be involved in the planning of a suicide attack five years ago, but these allegations could not be confirmed.
The attack on Thursday follows an Israeli ground incursion, backed by airstrikes, into the Gaza Strip on Wednesday that killed an Islamic Jihad fighter and injured four others.
Al-Najjar pointed to these incidents this week as proof of an Israeli attempt to escalate tension with Hamas.
Meanwhile, Israeli occupation soldiers raided the villages of Deir Ghassana and Beit Rima in the West Bank on Thursday, the Palestinian Ma’an news agency reported.
At least 300 Israeli soldiers accompanied by bulldozers reportedly tore apart homes and entered mosques in the two villages, witnesses said.
The latest development follows the burning of a mosque by suspected Jewish settlers in Bruqin on Wednesday, after a flaming tire was thrown through the window.
Jewish settlers regularly vandalize Palestinian property and harass Palestinian civilians in the occupied West Bank.
In October, a mosque in the Bedouin village of Tuba Zangariya was set aflame by extremists from nearby Israeli settlements.
Israel maintains a military occupation of the West Bank, and a siege on Gaza.
(al-Akhbar, Reuters, AP, Ma’an)
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- History of 1000′s years of Zionist Genocide | The Promised Land
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
Israel is not looking for Peace
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000′s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Occupation planning to build 1.000.000 housing unites in next 10 years | October 26, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
History of Israeli Genocide
Essential Read: The Promised Land ~ by Jad KhairAllah
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.