Israel Reopens Mughrabi Gate, Dozens of Settlers, Tourists Enter al-Aqsa


Ethnic Cleansing – Topic | Settlement Construction – CategoryPictures


PNN – Palestine News Network – 15.12.11 – 00:52

PNN – On Wednesday, Israeli authorities re-opened the Mughrabi Gate bridge—or Bab al-Maghariba—that leads to al-Aqsa mosque. The wooden bridge was closed on Sunday under the pretext that it was unsafe and a fire hazard.
Image

The Dome of the Rock, part of the Haram al-Sharif in Jerusalem (Brendan Work, PNN).
Head of the Manuscripts Department of al-Aqsa Mosque Najeh Bakirat told Palestine official news wire Wafa on Wednesday that Israeli forces allowed dozens of Israeli citizens, settlers and tourists to enter al-Aqsa through the gate.
One of the mosque’s guards said that settlers were making “provocative tours” of the courtyard and facilities of the holy mosque, protected by a detachment of Israeli police.
Over the past few weeks, the Israeli government has seen local and international pressure brought to bear over the closure or demolition of the bridge, especially from the Jordanian and Egyptian governments, as well as the Quartet and the European Union.
Extremist Jewish groups, after Sunday’s closure announcement, threatened to use the al-Silsileh Gate as an alternative.
Rightist MKs Aryeh Eldad and Uri Erai were among the first ten that entered the mosque.
“The bridge must be closed as it poses a safety hazard, being highly flammable and in danger of collapsing, but it’s unacceptable that Jews are forbidden from entering the Temple Mount,” said Erai. “I call on the Prime Minister and Minister of Internal Security, to find an alternative way for Jews to enter.”
MK Eldad said, “If the bridge was dangerous, then another alternative bridge must be built. Until then, one of the big gates that Jewish were [previously] forbidden from using must be opened and just a few Muslims should be allowed.”

Source and more at the PNN – Palestine News Network





Watch Caught on Camera: Ethnic Cleansing






Israel’s Jerusalem municipality plans to build more than 50,000 (updated Dec 3, 2011: 85.000) new homes in the city’s occupied eastern sector over two decades:

  • 23,628 homes have already been approved, 20,263 in East Jerusalem and 3,365 in the west.
  • 13,824 are pending review, 12,819 in East Jerusalem and 1,005 in the west.
  • 23,266 housing units are still in planning stages, 19,281 in the east and 3,985 in the west.



Of these, the municipality plans:

  • 10,366 homes in northern East Jerusalem, including illegal Israeli settlement Pisgat Zeev and Palestinian town Beit Hanina.
  • 5,239 homes in southern East Jerusalem, including Gilo settlement and Palestinian district Beit Safafa.
  • 4,886 new units in central eastern Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan and Jerusalem’s Old City.

Read More



Besides this, Israel approved plans to ethnic cleanse 57.000 bedouin from Palestine



Save yourself time. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing



Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: