انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
الله يرحم كل الشهداء
Tuesday January 03, 2012 06:29 by Saed Bannoura – IMEMC & Agencies
Zakariyya Daoud, a former Palestinian political prisoner, who got seriously ill while in Israeli prisons, and was only released on August 22, 2011, died of cancer on Monday, he was diagnosed in prison Israeli prisons and was deprived of the needed and specialized medical attention.
Israel released Daoud, 43, after he spent nine years out of a 16-year sentence due to the ongoing decline in his health condition. He is a father of four children; Ahmad, 19, Wisal, 20, Malak, 14, and Dalal, 13, the Maan News Agency reported.
He was kidnapped and imprisoned by Israel on February 10th, 2003, the Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS) reported.
The PPS said that Zakariyya had cancer that spread in his body due to the lack of specialized medical treatment in Israeli prisons.
He used to be a member of the Palestinian Soccer Team, and a member of the soccer team in his town, Al-Khader, near Bethlehem. His brother is also a soccer player, in addition to his son, who currently plays with the same team his father once played on.
After his release from Israeli prisons, Palestinian athletes and soccer fans, held a massive ceremony to honor him at the Al-Khader soccer field on August 28, just before a match was held there.
The PPS issued a press release stating that with the death of Zakariyya, the number of Palestinian detainees who died in prison arrives to 204, while the vast majority of them died due to torture, the lack of adequate medical attention, and due to being shot or continuously beaten after or during their arrest.
The PPS called on the international community to ensure that all ill detainees in Israeli prisons and detention facilities receive all needed medical help and attention.
Liberated prisoner in coma
The Palestine Information Center | 02/01/2012
BETHLEHEM, (PIC)– Liberated Palestinian prisoner Zakaria Issa has been in coma since Monday morning due to deterioration of his cancer condition after he lost his eyesight, speech and ability to move his right arm and leg.
Family members said that Issa, 43, was dying after treatment attempts in the West Bank and Jordan failed to cure him.
The Israeli occupation authority released Issa almost four months ago after his brain cancer condition greatly worsened.
Issa served 10 years of his 16-year sentence on the charge of affiliation to the Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas.
Al Qassam Brigades mourns the death of Zakariya Eisa
Jan 3, 2011 – Ezzedeen al Qassam Brigades
Articles 55 and 56 of the Fourth Geneva Convention clearly establish that Israel, as the occupying power, not only has a duty to ensure medical supplies reach hospitals in the OPT, but to ensure and maintain the services of the hospitals too. As High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Conventions, other states not only have a moral duty but also a legal obligation to ensure Israel abides by its commitments to the protected population of the OPT.
UN Convention of the Rights of the Child, As a States Party to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Israel is obliged under Article 24 of the treaty to recognise the right of every child under its effective jurisdiction “to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health and to facilities for the treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health. States Parties shall strive to ensure that no child is deprived of his or her right of access to such health care services”.
- Seven-month old Gaza baby dies awaiting Israeli permission for operation- Report
Not only the 7-month old baby, but 173 children died due to lack of a permit:
- 173 Children died due 2 obstructed healthcare: Report Al-Mezan
- Download the Full Report of Al-Mezan (PDF)
More Resources or related information:
- Palestinian deaths following infringement of right to medical treatment – B’ Tselem – Report
- Israel Kills Dialysis in Gaza – 450 Patients Lives Are In Danger – Report
- Dialysis in Paralysis | Electronic Intifada – Report
- Factsheet on Gazan Children’s Access to Medical Care – Al Mezan | 173 children died – Report
- UK Diplomat wife dies after forced to renew Jerusalem permit – Report
- 2 Children & Lives of Dozens of Others Endangered Israel’s Infringement of Medical Care – Report
- Infant close 2 death as Israel denies medication – Report
- Starve Them; Shoot Them then Give Them Cancer – Report
PUT PALESTINIANS ON A DIET – Media Bury documents revealing israel’s deliberate policy of near starvation for Gaza – Report
- Israel to Supreme Court to prevent exposure of document containing minimal calorie requirements for Gaza – May1, 2011 – Report
- Israel Restricts the Access of Gaza Patients to Urgent Medical Treatment if their Condition is Not Life-Threatening | In violation of Medical Ethics and International Law | Al mezan | June 30, 2010 – Report
- Children and Armed Conflict: Developments in the OPT | UN | April 13, 2010 – Report
Medical care by asked/forced collaboration
- Palestinians hoping to leave Gaza Strip asked to collaborate with Israel – PHR Isael – Dec 28, 2011 – Report
Healthcare or neglect of healthcare in Prisons
- Doctoring the Evidence Abandoning the Victim – Complicty of Israeli physicians in torture – PHR – Report
- Gaza Siege devastates Health care – Jan 2, 2011 – video
- Avoidable Death of Pregnant women & their Unborn at Israeli Checkpoints – video
- If U have no idea about avoidable mortality by Israel’s deliberate policies: Meet BABY FIRAS – video
█▌ VERY IMPORTANT & SHOCKING REPORT ABOUT EFFECTS FOR HEALTH BY POLICIES & DISCRIMINATION OF MEDICAL CARE & ACCESS TO CARE.
- Arab-Palestinian Citizens of Israel: Discrimination in Access to Health; Lower Health – PHR – Report
While in the horrible holocaust, 1 in 6, so 1 million people died of the Nazi but exactly similar deliberate deprivation, Israel is doing exactly the same to Palestinians. Research (see link below) showed the annual deathrate by violent & passive aggression is about 5000 deaths a year. Called Avoidable mortality or Excess Death.
█▌ For the sake of children and ill people in Palestine, share this post as wide as you can and keep sharing it. Health is no choice for many, right to medical care is a Human Right. Infringement of such is a passive form of aggression which policies Israel deliberately deploys with the intention to ethnic cleanse.
- More about Avoidable Mortality – Research
- For all related news about health / related issues in Palestine | Category Health
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians and their children does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.