The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR), based in Gaza, published its weekly report on Israeli violations against the Palestinians in the occupied territory for the period between March 15-21, 2012, revealing that Israeli soldiers carried out 56 invasions into West Bank communities and a limited invasion into Gaza; injuries and damages were reported. (Link to Comprehensive Report in English included at the end of this report)
A dog accompanying Israeli soldiers attack a demonstrator during the weakly peaceful protest in Kufor Qaddoum village near Qalqilya, 16 March 2012
During these invasions, Israeli soldiers kidnapped eight Palestinians in the occupied territories, including three children and one woman.
Five Palestinians, including one child, were kidnapped by Israeli soldiers stationed at various roadblocks in the West Bank.
The Gaza Strip remains under deadly siege, and remains to be isolated from the rest of the world despite Israeli claims of easing the siege.
The PCHR further stated that one child was shot and injured while sitting at his home when the army opened fire at a civilian area in Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
The child, 6 years old, was shot by a bullet to his right thigh as he was sitting at home; the bullet was fired by soldiers stationed at the border between Gaza and Israel, to the east of Rafah.
Soldiers also opened fired at agricultural areas in Khuza’a village, east of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
The army carried out a limited invasion into the northern part of the Gaza Strip, during which they leveled areas of Palestinian land which they had already razed.
Furthermore, Israeli soldiers continued the illegal use of excessive force against nonviolent protestors against the Wall and settlements in the occupied West Bank, at least two nonviolent protesters were wounded.
The army continued to attack journalists, and destroyed a camera that belong to a reporter while documenting the weekly nonviolent protest against the Wall and settlements, in Al-Ma’sara village, south of the West Bank city of Bethlehem. Two residents were wounded by army fired while dozens of protesters were treated for the effect of teargas bombs fired by the army at the nonviolent protestors.
Soldiers also kidnapped two nonviolent protesters, while an army dog attacked a protester before the soldiers kidnapped him, in Kufur Qaddoum, near the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia. A journalist was also attacked by the soldiers and his camera was destroyed.
Israel continued its illegal settlement activities, while several armed fundamentalist settlers attacked Palestinian homes and civilian property leading to excessive damage.
Soldiers uprooted and destroyed more than 30 Dunams of agricultural land in the West Bank city of Nablus, and demolished a house and an animal farm in Qalqilia, also in the northern part of the West Bank.
Israel settlers, on the other hand, uprooted 220 olive trees in Nablus, and injured a Palestinian civilian from the southern West Bank city of Hebron after violently attacking him.
Israeli Navy continued its violations against Palestinian fishermen in Gaza and opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats in Palestinian territorial waters.
The PCHR reported that the illegal Israeli siege on Gaza, which has steadily tightened since June of 2007, continues to pose serious impacts on the humanitarian and economic situation in the coastal region.
“The illegal closure has caused not only a humanitarian crisis but a crisis of human rights and human dignity for the population of the Gaza Strip”, the PCHR added, “Measures declared recently to ease the blockade are vague, purely cosmetic and fail to deal with the root causes of the crisis, which can only be addressed by an immediate and complete lifting of the closure, including lifting the travel ban into and out of the Gaza Strip and the ban on exports”.
It further stated that despite the fact that the residents in the Gaza Strip may no longer suffer the main shortage of food, “they will remain economically dependent and unable to care for themselves, and socially, culturally and academically isolated from the rest of the world”.
The center reiterated the following recommendations to the International Community
1. PCHR calls upon the High Contracting Parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention to fulfill their legal and moral obligations under Article 1 of the Convention to ensure Israel’s respect for the Convention in the Occupied Palestinian Territory. PCHR believes that the conspiracy of silence practiced by the international community has encouraged Israel to act as if it is above the law and encourages Israel continue to violate international human rights and humanitarian law.
2. PCHR calls upon the High Contracting Parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention to convene a conference to take effective steps to ensure Israel’s respect of the Convention in the OPT and to provide immediate protection for Palestinian civilians.
3. PCHR calls upon the High Contracting Parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention to comply with their legal obligations detailed in Article 146 of the Convention to search for and prosecute those responsible for grave breaches, namely war crimes.
4. PCHR calls for the immediate implementation of the Advisory Opinion issued by the International Court of Justice, which considers the construction of the Annexation Wall inside the West Bank illegal.
5. PCHR recommends that international civil society organizations, including human rights organizations, bar associations and NGOs, participate in the process of exposing those accused of grave breaches of international law and urge their governments to bring the perpetrators to justice.
6. PCHR calls upon the European Union to activate Article 2 of the Euro-Israel Association Agreement, which provides that Israel must respect human rights as a precondition for economic cooperation between the EU states and Israel. PCHR further calls upon the EU states to prohibit import of goods produced in illegal Israeli settlements in the OPT.
7. PCHR calls on the international community to recognize the Gaza disengagement plan, which was implemented in September 2005, for what it is – not an end to occupation but a compounding of the occupation and the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip.
8. In recognition of ICRC as the guardian of the Fourth Geneva Convention, PCHR calls upon the ICRC to increase its staff and activities in the OPT, including the facilitation of family visitations to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.
9. PCHR appreciates the efforts of international civil society, including human rights organizations, bar associations, unions and NGOs, and urges them to continue their role in pressuring their governments to secure Israel’s respect for human rights in the OPT and to demand Israel end its attacks on Palestinian civilians.
10. PCHR calls upon the international community to pressure Israel to lift the severe restrictions imposed by the Israeli government and its occupation forces on access for international organizations to the OPT.
11. PCHR reiterates that any political settlement not based on international human rights law and humanitarian law cannot lead to a peaceful and just solution of the Palestinian question. Rather, such an arrangement can only lead to further suffering and instability in the region. Any peace process or agreement must be based on respect for international law, including international human rights and humanitarian law.
PCHR Weekly Report (Compressive Report in English on PCHR Webpage)/strong>
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read: History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- History of 1000′s years of Zionist Genocide | The Promised Land
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
|Gaza Under Attack – March 14, 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – March 13, 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – March 12, 2012 – Photography|
|Gazz Under Attack – March 11, 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – March 10, 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – March 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – Feb 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – Jan 2012 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – Dec 2011 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – Oct-Nov 2011 – Photography|
|Gaza Under Attack – Aug-Sept 2011 – Photography|
|Gaza Cast Lead Massacre – Photography|
Israel is not looking for Peace
- Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this: “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Israel plans 1000′s more settlement units as legislators call for FULL ANNEXATION of the WEST BANK
- Ayalon: Settlement in Jerusalem not for discussion | October 16, 2011
- Occupation planning to build 1.000.000 housing unites in next 10 years | October 26, 2011
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.