3 young men died in Gaza. One of them a Groom who died hours before his wedding due to generator fumes

Maan News Agency | April 22, 2012 (updated)

Article in Arabic
عريس وشقيقان تقتلهما الكهرباء في غزة

GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — A man died hours before his wedding on Saturday in the northern Gaza Strip from smoke inhalation, the Health Ministry said.

Ayman Sammur, from the Shekih Radwan neighborhood of Gaza City, was poisoned by carbon monoxide emitted by an electricity generator which was operating in a small room, ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidrah told Ma’an.

Meanwhile, two brothers died from an electric shock in Gaza City’s Zaytoun neighborhood, al-Qidrah said.

Muhammad al-Burno, 23, and his 21-year-old brother Mahmoud, suffered an electric shock while trying to install an internet line near an electricity grid, al-Qidrah said.

Oxfam relaunched its generator safety campaign in March following a spike in electricity-related accidents amid a power crisis in the Gaza Strip.

Some 85 fires broke out in Gaza in January and February caused by generators exploding, electrical faults, interruption of power supply, burnt transformers, faulty electrical wires and candles used to light homes, local authorities said, adding that a further 51 fires were more broadly related to power cuts.


Related: Deprivation of Basic Needs Cost Lives!
Healthcare | Electricity | Water | Communication







انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون

الله يرحم كل الشهداء

‘Inna Lillahi wa ‘Inna ‘Ilayhi Raji’un


May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus,
and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil ‘Alameen.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: