Six Palestinians were wounded three, seriously when Israeli settlers hurled a cocktail bomb at the car they were riding on the Bethlehem-Hebron road on Thursday.
Palestinian Tax burnt as a result of settler attack by fire bomb Thursday near Hebron (Photo: Israeli Police. Source: Haaretz)
Palestinian media sources reported that settlers from Beit Ain settlement in the Etzion settlment bloc threw a cocktail bomb at the van en route to wounding the driver and five members of Ghayatha family, including two children.
Israeli ambulance arrived at the scene and evacuated the wounded to Hadasa hospital in Jerusalem. Three of the wounded suffer second degree burns.
The car drove for around hundred meter after the attack before it flipped over on the side of the road. Traces of the fire bomb and a lighter were found on the road side.
Israeli police also arrived at the scene and closed the road on both ways for around two hours, eyewitnesses reported.
Settler violence increased since 2005 when Israel unilaterally withdrew from the Gaza Strip and moved out all its settlers.
Most of the settler attacks against Palestinians are not followed up by Israeli police.
Photos by Ma’an News Agency
- Israel Arms & Trains Illegal Settlers for Rampage in Occupied Palestine – in pictures
- Leaked document “Operation Summer Seeds”: Israeli forces train & arm settlers to attack Palestinian protesters
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements | EI
- ! France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”
- Israel Warns Chemical Weapons Will Be Used Against Peaceful Palestine Protests
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades
- Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com
- Israel approves plan to uproot 30,000 Bedouins | September 11, 2011| 972Magazine
- Forum Dukium | Coexistance forum for Negev
- Greenwashing Apartheid – Free eBook of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network
More (‘Price Tag’) Attacks by Jewish Colonists in Palestine
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور
- Special Topic | Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Quick Facts | 10 Facts about the Nakba
- Exclusive | Interactive map of Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba