A number of armed extremist Israeli settlers attacked, on Tuesday at dawn, a Palestinian home in Far’ata village, west of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, and tried to torch it.
File – Israeli Settlers Constructing Illegal Outpost
Palestinian official in charge of the Settlements file in the northern part of the West Bank, , Ghassan Douglas, reported that several settlers poured flammable liquid at the main entrance of the home and ignited it.
The family noticed the fire fast and managed to extinguish it before it spread to the rest of the property. The home belongs to resident Farid Odah Tawil.
Douglas added that the attack was carried out by at least 12 settlers of the Havat Gilad illegal settlement.
On Monday, the Israeli Police apprehended seven Israeli youths suspected of involvement in the lynch attack, carried out Friday, against three Palestinian youths in Jerusalem, leading to serious injuries.
One of the attacked youths, identified as Jamal Julani, 17, is currently in a serious condition at the Hadassah Israeli hospital in Jerusalem.
Israeli Police spokeswoman, Luba Samri, said that the Police apprehended four males and two females, all under the age of 18, and one 19-year old male. The detained youths are currently under interrogation.
One of the detained youth said he is not sorry for what he and his friends did, and that he does not care if Julani dies. The Police believe that 40 Israeli youths participated in the lynch mob attack.
On Thursday, settlers hurled a firebomb at a Palestinian Taxi causing severe injuries to Ayman Mohammad Ghayatha, 36, his wife Jamila Abdul-Hai, 28, their children; Mohammad, 5, and Eman, 4, and Hasan Mohammad Hasan Ghayatha, 26. The Taxi driver, Bassam Mohammad Ghayatha, 55, was also injured.
Medical sources said that the wounded family suffered fourth degree burns, the worst degree of burns as the flesh is burnt to the bone, and that their condition is deteriorating.
The latest assaults are a serious escalation to ongoing attacks carried out by extremist settlers against the Palestinians, their homes and property, and against their lands.
- Israel Arms & Trains Illegal Settlers for Rampage in Occupied Palestine – in pictures
- Leaked document “Operation Summer Seeds”: Israeli forces train & arm settlers to attack Palestinian protesters
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements | EI
- ! France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”
- Israel Warns Chemical Weapons Will Be Used Against Peaceful Palestine Protests
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades
- Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com
- Israel approves plan to uproot 30,000 Bedouins | September 11, 2011| 972Magazine
- Forum Dukium | Coexistance forum for Negev
- Greenwashing Apartheid – Free eBook of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network
Related: Israel. Not looking for Peace. Nor Talks. But this…
More (‘Price Tag’) Attacks by Jewish Colonists in Palestine
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور
- Special Topic | Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Quick Facts | 10 Facts about the Nakba
- Exclusive | Interactive map of Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba