West Bank commemorate the 12th anniversary of Intifada

Al Qassam Brigade | 30-09-2012,08:56

RAMALLAH – West Bank’s anti-apartheid wall and settlement marches commemorated, this week, the 12th anniversary of Intifada, as demonstrators insisted on the option of resistance, as a way to respond to occupation attacks against Palestinians and international solidarity activists.

The weekly march in the village of Nabi Saleh northwest of Ramallah was launched with the participation of villagers, dozens of Palestinian activists from different regions and foreign solidarity activists, who chanted slogans demanding support for Palestinian people.

The demonstrators stressed that they will continue to struggle until the end of the occupation, recalling the anniversary of the intifada and renewing their insistence on resistance.

They roamed the village streets and headed to the confiscated land where Israeli soldiers attacked them with tear gas, stun grenades, rubber bullets and Wastewater, causing dozens of demonstrators to suffocate.

Violent clashes erupted between angry youths from the village and Israeli occupation soldiers who were deployed in the area, as the youths responded to Israeli attacks by throwing stones at soldiers. The clashes were spread to the village where the occupation forces indiscriminately targeted citizens’ houses with tear gas grenades.

Israeli occupation forces (IOF) arrested the citizen Yahya Shaker Eshtewi, 29, during their repression of the weekly march in the village of Kafr Qaddoum east of Qalqilya in the West Bank, which was launched in protest at the continuation of the closure of the village’s main street for years.

According to the media coordinator of Kafr Qaddoum’s weekly march, Murad Eshtewi, the IOF had raided the village since the early morning hours and set up a checkpoint at its entrance. Then they declared the region a closed military zone and prevented media crews and journalists from entering it.

Meanwhile, a Serbian journalist was injured while tens of citizens and international activists suffered suffocation after the occupation forces’ attack on the participants in the weekly anti-settlements and Wall march in Bil’in village, west of Ramallah.

The Israeli soldiers fired rubber-coated metal bullets, tear gas and stun grenades at protestors and sprayed wastewater mixed with chemicals at them upon their arrival to the liberated territories in “Abu Lemon Reserve” near the separation wall.

IOF also suppressed the weekly march condemning the apartheid wall, in Ma’sara village, south of Bethlehem in the West Bank, and prevented demonstrators from arriving to the village’s lands on which the wall has been established.

  • Photos | Remembering the Second Intifada – Al Jazeera
  • How a child was slayed | Shaheed Mohammed ad-Durra – Source
  • In Memory of Mohamed Al-DurrahSource
  • The First Intifada | انتفاضة – in pictures


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: