NAZARETH, (PIC)– Al-Aqsa Foundation for Waqf and heritage revealed that the Israel Land Administration (ILA) started excavation works in the cemetery of the village of Ayn al-Mansi, depopulated in 1948, near the city of Haifa.
The Foundation added, in a press statement on Sunday, that several graves were excavated in an attempt to plant trees in the site and to turn it into a grove.
It condemned these excavations that violate the sanctity of the cemetery and the dead and show no respect to the feelings of Muslims, demanding the concerned authorities in the Israeli occupation to immediately halt the excavation works, and not to plant trees in the cemetery.
The foundation, which is active in the defense of the Islamic holy sites and cemeteries, pointed out that the cemetery of al-Mansi village, which the occupation displaced its residents in 1948 and built “Hayougiv” settlement on its territory, still exists as al-Aqsa Foundation has been maintaining it, throughout the year, within the permanent annual project of the maintenance of holy sites.
- Israel ethnic cleansing Mamilla cemetery to build a ‘Museum of Tolerance’ | Source
- Israel’s settlers vandalize complete cemeteries too | Photos
- Exhuming of Majdal Yaba Graves by Israel | Photos & Video
- Destruction of Muslims’ graves targets wiping out Islamic landmarks | Source
- Israel exhumed graves in Majdal Sadiq to construct appartments & roads | Source
- Destruction of graves is yet another Israeli violation against Palestinians | Source
- Israel Constructs 20 Fake Grave Stones in Silwan| Source
- Not only Muslim graves. Christianity sees it’s graves attacked and desecrated as well | Source
Related: Israel. Not looking for Peace. Nor Talks. But this…