Israeli soldiers deploy from a Blackhawk helicopter during a military exercise at Shizafon army base in the Negev Desert in 2010.
Some 1,000 US troops are expected to arrive in the Occupied Territories to take part in the largest ever joint military drill with Israel, while 2,500 more American forces would participate remotely from the US and Europe.
The American soldiers have already begun arriving in the Occupied Territories to join the drill, named as Austere Challenge 2012 (AC12), which is expected to begin towards the end of October or early November.
Lieutenant General Craig Franklin, a top American officer, said the drill “is the largest exercise in the history of the longstanding military relationship between the US and Israel,” and will last for about “three weeks.”
Similar number of Israeli forces would reportedly take part in the joint exercise.
Franklin claimed that the military drill was not related to any developments in the Middle East. “While the scenario is driven by the overall situation in the Middle East, AC12 is not related to any specific current. AC12 is not related to national elections nor to any perceived tensions in the Middle East.event.”
Israeli and American soldiers will train on Israel’s Iron Dome missile system. Israel will deploy its upgraded Arrow 2 anti-ballistic missile batteries for the first time while the US will bring its Aegis Ballistic Missile System to Israel and install Patriot air systems as a security network.
The drill would be the sixth in a series of large-scale joint exercises between the two allies, and is estimated to cost USD38 million, with the US’ share at USD30 million.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read: History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years | Maan
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.