NEW YORK, (PIC)– The International Federation of Journalism (IFJ) in New York stated that Israeli representatives in the Union appealed against Palestinian journalists’ complaint following the Israeli violations against journalists in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip since the beginning of the Intifada (uprising) in 2000.
The complaint focused on the recent aggression on Gaza, where Israeli warplanes had targeted deliberately journalists and their offices.
Palestinian journalists in the United States of America stated that the Union did not provide until the moment any details concerning the appeals against the Palestinian journalists’ complaint.
The Palestinian Permanent Representative in IFJ, Mohamed Waheed Awad, confirmed that the Israeli position is very weak compared to the papers and evidence submitted against it.
The Palestinian activist and director of the Palestinian Network for Media stated that Israel has always committed war crimes against journalists, adding that time has come to prosecute the Israelis for their violations before the international courts, stressing that “Israel will not stop its bloody policy except through international firm and clear position.
In a related matter, the Government Information Office in the Gaza Strip revealed 70 violations against journalists and media workers during the month of November in 2012 along with series of violations against freedom of the media work in the Palestinian territories.
The Government Information Office explained, in a report on Sunday, that the most prominent Israeli violations were committed during the aggression on the Gaza Strip, drawing attention to the targeting of journalists and media workers and their offices and their direct channels.
He added that the occupation killed three journalists, Hossam Salama and Mahmoud al-Komi, cameramen for Al Aqsa Channel, in addition to the journalist Mohammed Abu Eisha, who works as director of programs at one of the local radio stations.
The report indicated that dozens of journalists received various degrees of injury in Israeli attacks, pointing out to the case of Khader al-Zahar, a cameraman with al-Quds TV, who lost his right leg when Israeli warplanes bombarded the channel’s office in Gaza City with three missiles.
The report also pointed out to the arrest cases of journalists in the West Bank during covering events by the occupation forces, in addition to two attacks committed by the PA security services.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read: The History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years | Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.