Israeli occupation forces in Hebron raided a home, arrested a Palestinian and smashed his family’s belongings in the early hours of the morning.
Thirteen soldiers who came with two dogs broke down the door, arrested Ahmed Sharabati, 22, and vandalised the property without giving an explanation. As of this moment, Sharabati’s whereabouts are currently unknown.
The soldiers were present in the home for an hour and a half, during which time the terrified family was harassed, furniture was turned upside down and a window was smashed. The family spent six hours cleaning up after the raid.
The soldiers took Sharabati, a student at Hebron university, without telling the family why or where he was being taken.
The family’s home is located in H2, the Israeli controlled part of Hebron. The close proximity of soldiers and illegal settlers means that Palestinians are always under threat from violence and harassment. Palestinians returning home from the city centre are subjected to humiliating checkpoints and the area is infamous for its “Gas the Arabs” graffiti.
The Israeli occupation forces soldiers in H2 are soon due to be replaced by other soldiers and the locals believe they are intentionally being more aggressive to leave a lasting impression.
Team Khalil is a group of volunteers of International Solidarity Movement based in Hebron (al Khalil)
(Some) Examples of attacks by Jewish Colonists in Palestine
I emphasize, just some examples….
For a full overview see: Category Settler Violence
- Israel Arms & Trains Illegal Settlers for Rampage in Occupied Palestine – In Photos
- Leaked document “Operation Summer Seeds”: Israeli forces train & arm settlers to attack Palestinian protesters – Source
- Netherlands blocks EU report about Settler Violence, The Rights Forum exposes it – Source & Translations
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers – Source
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September- Source
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements – EI
- France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”- Source
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades – Source
- Topic – Settler Terrorism – Source
- Video – Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com