Efraim Halevy, who alleged that the truce agreement secured unprecedented benefits for Gaza said, “The circumstances of Operation Pillar of Defence’s end are shrouded in mystery”.
Commenting on the agreement to allow more fishing area for Gaza fishermen, Halevy said: “What we do know is that the area opposite Gaza’s shore, where fishing is permitted, has been doubled. The fish markets are flourishing and the smiling faces of Gaza’s fishermen behold us from the entire spectrum of the global media.”
On the latest wave of construction works in Gaza, he added: “Lately large quantities of building materials are allowed into the Strip, alongside the revival of the public bus fleets. What’s next? We do not know.”
Halevy stressed that the calm which has followed the operation implies that understandings which satisfied both sides were achieved, but that does not mean the fighting is over. He criticised what was said about the restoration of Israel’s deterrence power.
“The Prime Minister hinted that the previous round of hostilities is not the end of the story. He has already begun preparing the public for what is ahead. If we are to expect another round, what is the meaning of the assertion that the ‘IDF’s’ deterrence has been restored?” he questioned.
The former intelligence chief also added that, “It was the Prime Minister himself who lamented the halt of Operation Cast Lead and said that Hamas must be eliminated from Gaza. And now, when the opportunity has fallen in his lap, why did he not follow through as he demanded of his predecessors?
The defence minister stated that all the operation’s goals were achieved. What was the basis of that statement, which was made barely minutes after the ceasefire was declared? And what will he say if in a few months or in a year or two another round will follow? How will he justify his decisive statement that deterrence was restored?”
The worst of dilemmas
Addressing the future of the conflict with Hamas, Halevy said that “the quest for a solution is not easy – salvation will not come on its own. Perseverance, creativity and ingenuity to no end are required.
Salvation will never come if we do not indicate to our worst adversaries that they also have another option. This must be a practical, not an ideological option.
If we continue to demand an ‘ideological conversion’ on their part by requiring them to recognise our rights, we will forever live by the sword, us and them. If, on the other hand, we choose to accept reality, it is possible that Hamas will walk the same path as Saudi Arabia and Egypt. I think the political echelon cannot ignore this alternative.”
The former Mossad chief concluded by saying that, “reality has changed and we are left with the worst of dilemmas: The possibility of an agreement with our enemies.
In the past the political and the military echelons were divided in their responsibility for the situation. No more – now they are one. But the political echelon is left alone to face the decision entailed in accepting the enemy.
The political echelon alone is required to consider this alternative – whether to accept or reject it. For this it, and only it, will be judged by the public and stand the trial of history.”
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years – Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No, Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 21, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 20, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 19, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 18, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 17, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 16, 2012| LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 15, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 14, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 13, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 12, 2012| LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 11, 2012 | LIVE BLOG
- #GazaUnderAttack | NOV 10, 2012| LIVE BLOG
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.