LIVE BLOG ABOUT THE DEATH OF ARAFAT JARADAT
OSLO, (PIC)– UFree Network to defend the rights of Palestinian prisoners strongly condemned the murder of the Palestinian prisoner Arafat Jaradat due to extreme torture during interrogation, bringing the number of Palestinian prisoners killed in Israeli jails to 207 detainees.
UFree Network called on the UN human rights council, which is due to meet next month, to put the issue of Palestinian prisoners and the brutal torture against Palestinian prisoners in Israeli occupation jails on its agenda.
Arafat was arrested on 18/2/2013, and was held in interrogation in Jalameh Detention Center. He is from Sa’eer, a village near al-Khalil. He is married and has two young children, a three year old and a two year old. Arafat and his wife Dalal were expecting their third child in June.
He was arrested by a special unit of the Israeli occupation army, where he has been murdered by Israeli security services while he was under extreme torture in Majdo prison facility, in addition to neglecting his health deterioration and not taking him to a hospital until he died.
“It’s widely known that Israel one of the top countries that constantly violates International laws. Yet, this fact did not drive an International action or pressure. Torture continued to be an integral part of the policy of this state. Meanwhile, no inspection against these prisons was carried out. There were also no reports that denounced what Israelis have been doing over the past decades,” stated UFree.
UFree Network confirmed that it will launch a wide international media campaign to shed light on the Israeli inhumane practices against Palestinian prisoners, calling on the UN human rights council which is due next month, to put the issue of Palestinian prisoners on the agenda.
UFree denounced the international community silence towards the Israeli crimes, saying “such Israeli practiced and International community silence resulted in the death of Jaradat. It even gave Israel cover to continue its crimes against humanity.”
It also calls on International organizations like the Red Cross, Amnesty and others to reveal all illegal practices committed by Israel and escalate them to the United Nations and the international community and European Union bodies.
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners Pictures|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|