LIVE BLOG ABOUT THE DEATH OF ARAFAT JARADAT
Including preliminary Autopsy Report
GAZA, (PIC)– Palestinian prisoners at Raymond desert prison launched an urgent appeal to save the captive Maysara Abu Hamdiya, 65, whose health condition has significantly deteriorated in the past few days.
The prisoners demanded, in a letter they sent to Wa’ed Society for Prisoners and Ex-detainees, all the international, human rights and humanitarian institutions to immediately intervene to release captive Maysara who suffers from serious illnesses, such as throat cancer.
They asserted that, at any moment, he might meet the same fate of captive Arafat Jaradat, who had recently died in jail.
There are nearly 4700 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails; hundreds of them suffer from serious and chronic diseases. There are 150 patient captives who need to undergo urgent surgeries.
The Israeli occupation authorities refused to release Abu Hamdiya after the doctors proved that he suffers from cancer, which led to the deterioration of his health condition, as part of the policy of medical neglect in the Israeli jails.
Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS) said in a statement on Saturday that the prisoner Abu Hamdiya had been transferred more than once to Soroka hospital, adding that he suffers from high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
Abu Hamdiya was arrested 11 years ago and Ofer military court sentenced him to life imprisonment on charges of resisting the occupation.
He had been earlier arrested four times in the sixties because of being active in the ranks of Fatah movement. He was also one of the deportees to Jordan in 1978.
His sister I’tidal Abu Hamdiya said that her brother returned to his homeland in 1998, but the IOA re-arrested him in 2002.
Captive Abu Hamdiya has been deprived of family visits. However, he keeps up high spirits and a strong will in spite of his health condition and the illnesses he suffers from.
I’tidal Abu Hamdiya appealed to local and international human rights and humanitarian organizations to intervene in order to release her brother due to his health status, as well as the bad detention conditions.
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|