LIVE BLOG ABOUT THE DEATH OF ARAFAT JARADAT
The Palestinian Ministry of Detainees reported that dozens of soldiers of the Nachshon Brigade invaded, on Monday night after midnight, sections 3 and 4 of the Ramon Israeli prison where at least 850 Palestinian detainees are held.
The ministry said that the soldiers forced the detainees out of their rooms, and violently searched their belongings causing excessive damage.
Detainee Jamal Rajoub, representative of the detainees in the Ramon prison, stated that clashes took place between the detainees and the soldiers after the detainees protested the attack against them.
Rajoub added that the Prison Administration closed sections 3 and 4 and moved three detainees, identified as Mahmoud Fasfous, Mohammad Ash-Shastary, and Mahmoud Hamed, into solitary confinement.
He added that the detainees returned their meals in protest to the ongoing violations against them, and will likely conduct further steps to protest the illegal and cruel treatment they face.
On Monday, Palestinian detainees in the Galboa’ Israeli prison, held a one-day hunger strike, as an initial step, meant to show solidarity with hunger striking detainees, and to protest the ongoing Israeli violations.
On Sunday at night, the army broke into Section 11 of the Negev Detention Camp, and attacked several detainees.
Reports coming out of different detention camps and prisons indicate increasing tension due to escalating Israeli violations against the detainees, including forcing dozens of detainees into solitary confinement, and repeatedly breaking into and searching their rooms.
The Ahrar Center for Detainee’s Studies and Human Rights reported that the army carried out more than 15 attacks against the detainees in February, and that most of the attacks targeted Palestinian detainees held in Majeddo and the Negev prisons.
In related news, the Prison Administration of the Galboa’ Israeli prison is still holding Jordanian detainee, Ali Sharif Nazzal, in solitary confinement for the 14th consecutive day, and decided to deny him family visits for six months.
Earlier on Tuesday at dawn, the army invaded Azmout village, east of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, and kidnaped two residents identified as Samer Thabit and Othman Sawalha, after violently breaking into their homes and searching them.
Monday evening a Palestinian resident of Beit Ummar, north of Hebron, as he was trying to cross the Al-Karama Bridge on his way back from Jordan. The resident has been identified as Ala’ Hussein At-Teet, 23.
At least 19 Palestinians have been kidnapped by the army, in different parts of the occupied West Bank on Monday.
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|