LIVE BLOG ABOUT THE DEATH OF ARAFAT JARADAT
NABLUS, (PIC)– Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) in Nablus condemned detaining and torturing the children by the Israeli occupation authorities.
PPS said in a statement on Tuesday that the occupation forces have been torturing the children, arrested during the clashes or from their homes.
Raed Amer, director of the PPS, said that the Israeli forces have arrested more than 100 citizens, mostly children under the age of 18, and accused the occupation of torturing and brutally hitting them, in violation of all humanitarian norms.
He pointed out that 17-year-old boy Shaker Imad, from Balata refugee camp, was arrested by the occupation soldiers who hit and attacked him, leaving him with broken hands and injuries all over his body. The boy was sentenced to 4 months imprisonment.
The Israeli forces arrested more than 20 children in the village under the age of 16 years, while they were playing.
According to PPS, the majority of detainees were transferred to the interrogation and detention centers in the prisons of Jalamah and Petah Tikva.
Amer called on the Israeli government to stop its policy of detaining the children and the women, and to release the captives.
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|