The demonstration, which is organized by the Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC) and Inminds, will be held outside the G4S office in London on Friday, March 15.
During the event, activists will condemn the company’s provision of expertise and security systems to Israeli jails, in which the Palestinians are detained, interrogated and tortured.
The London-based campaign group IHRC has also called on activists to write letters and emails to the United Nations (UN) and the Chief Executive Officer of G4S, urging them to do whatever they can to ensure that the company discontinues all business with Israel immediately.
G4S has been heavily criticized for its cooperation with the Israeli regime, including providing equipment and services to Israeli checkpoints, illegal settlements, the apartheid wall and jails where Palestinian political prisoners, including children, are held in violation of international law and subjected to mistreatment and torture.
Earlier in February, British activists held an emergency protest outside the firm’s office in London in solidarity with a Palestinian inmate who had recently died in an Israeli prison.
On February 23, Arafat Jaradat, who had been arrested on February 18 on suspicion of being involved in hurling stones at Israeli troopers, died in Israel’s Megiddo Prison, where the whole central command room is provisioned by G4S.
The Tel Aviv regime claims that Jaradat has died of cardiac arrest, but Palestinians deny the claim.
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|