LIVE BLOG ABOUT THE DEATH OF ARAFAT JARADAT
Includes Preliminary Autopsy Report
RAMALLAH (Ma’an) — An Israeli court in Petah Tikva has decided to postpone delivery of final medical reports related to the death of Palestinian prisoner Arafat Jaradat in Israeli custody in February, the Palestinian ministry of prisoners’ affairs said Saturday.
Lawyer Nasim Abu Ghoush, who works for the ministry, said the ministry requested that Israeli authorities deliver a report with results of blood and tissue tests of samples taken from Jaradat’s body. However, the court in Petah Tikva replied that such a report could be delivered to the Palestinians only by April 17.
“The court claimed the report has not been completed yet, but this is an attempt to evade responsibilities and hide the truth,” Abu Ghoush said.
Abu Ghoush highlighted that the Israeli government appointed an investigative committee to probe Jaradat’s death. Family members, he said, gave testimonies before the committee detailing how the victim was tortured and humiliated since the first moment of detention.
Casting doubt that the Israeli investigative committee’s objectivity, Abu Ghoush maintained that a non-partisan international committee should investigate the case.
MORE ABOUT ISRAELI TORTURE
- Israel uses banned torture methods – Source
- Israel developed over 100 torture methods against Palestinian prisoners – Source
- UFree: Israeli doctors conceal torture incidents in Israeli jails – Source
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Israeli Torture policies
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Source
- Saving Sergeant Shalit, Condemning Palestinians to Torture and Children to Imprisonment – Source
- The Story of 16 year old Yazen Abbasi tortured by Israeli Forces – Source
- Israeli military courts condone torture – Source
- Israeli doctors ‘failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees’ – Source
- Israeli doctors complicit in torture – Source
- An in-depth interview with Mukhlis Burghal, freed Palestinian prisoner who faced torture in Israeli jails – Source
- Dec 5, 2011 | Israeli military court, for first time, admits use of torture against prisoner – Source
- Israeli Torture – Soldiers beat Palestinian boy – video
More information can be found in the Category: Torture on this blog
|Palestine’s Prisoners In Photos|
|Palestinian Prisoners Special Topic|
|Palestinian Prisoners Category|
|The History of Israeli Torture Topic|
|All posts about Torture Category|
|Child Arrests – Topic|