#NAKBA65 | 65 YEARS NAKBA = ENOUGH!
NEGEV (Ma’an) – “What I have seen was like post-war footage rather than home demolition as the Hebrew media misleadingly describe it,” says the head of the Islamic movement in northern Israel Sheikh Raed Salah.
Salah’s remarks Sunday came during a visit to the Bedouin Negev village of Attir where Israeli municipal staff demolished 18 houses.
“Demolishing 18 houses, uprooting 460 olive saplings, cutting down olive trees and sycamore fig trees, destroying roads, power generators and solar cells is war in the full sense of the term,” Salah added.
He urged all Palestinian residents of the Negev and across Israel to visit the demolished village to see the truth firsthand.
Salah was accompanied by other members of the Islamic Movement in Israel. The delegation was welcomed by dignitaries from the Abu Al-Quian family whose houses were demolished.
“Nothing was left on the ground. They leveled everything cutting down trees and turning the place into debris. However, we will remain firm and our spirits are stronger than before,” said Hajj Shihdeh Abu al-Queian.
“Perhaps what we are watching now is the beginning of disastrous consequences of the Prawer Plan which is aimed at displacing our people from Negev indiscriminately,” said Sheikh Salah.
He added: “This plan is one of ethnic cleansing against our people in Negev.”
On May 6, an Israeli government committee approved a draft bill setting a framework to implement the evacuation of “unrecognized” villages, most of which existed before the state of Israel.
“The government approved a plan that will cause the displacement and forced eviction of dozens of villages and tens of thousands of Bedouin residents, dispossessing them of their property and historical rights to their lands, destroying the social fabric of their communities, and sealing the fate of thousands of families into poverty and unemployment,” said lawyer Rawia Aburabia of the Association for Civil Rights in Israel.
“All of this while the government simultaneously promotes the establishment of new Jewish communities, some of which are even slated to be built on the fresh ruins of Bedouin villages,” Aburabia said.
Al-Nakba Infograph by @visualizingpal
- FACT SHEET | THE NAKBA – 65 YEARS DISPOSSESSION & APARTHEID – The Imeu
- Brief Notes From Palestine and The Ongoing Nakba | Quick Insight
- 10 Facts abou the Nakba | Quick Facts
- Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba | Interactive Map
- The Palestinian Genocide | Research
- Nakba 1948 | The Documentary | Part 1 | Part 2 | Video
- 1948 | Lest we forget… | Memorial
- Plan Dalet and the Nakba | Facts
- UN’s complicity in Palestine’s fate | Facts
- In 2,5 months time UNSCOP created millions of refugees lasting 64 years | Facts
- Al Nakba – The zionist project | Facts
- A must read… Our Paradise on Earth | A story of the Nakba | A Voice From Palestine
- Erased and written over: How Nakba villages sunk into Israeli landscape | Facts
- Nakba Survivor … add your families story here | Project
- Tracing All That Remains Since Nakba | Nakba Project
- Zionist massacres of the Nakba | Facts
- The Children of Deir Yassin | Memorial website
- Deir Yassin Massacre – April 9, 1948 | History
- Deir Yassin Remembered | Video
- Nakba Day 2011 | Ramallah May 15, 2011 | by Ahmad Mesleh | Photos
- Nakba Day 2011 | Marches & death on the borders May 15, 2011 | Photos
- Nakba Day 2012 | In Photos
More Photography | The Nakba
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور
- iRemember… | Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The by media displayed narrative of a bodycount – victims fallen by direct violence – does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which mostly stay undocumented. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does media display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting.
These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organizations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine.
For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.