By Roger Waters, PACBI – 29 May 2013
“Just Another Open Letter in The Wall”
Dear Alicia Keys,
I read today Alice Walker’s eloquent and moving entreaty to you in her open letter.
It is hard to add anything except to implore you to follow all the links she has directed you to.
To introduce myself to you, I am a fellow musician, my name is Roger Waters, I used to be in a band called Pink Floyd, and, believe it or not, I still work.
I had reason last December to write a letter to Stevie Wonder to encourage him to withdraw from an engagement in LA. It was a Gala to raise funds for the Israeli Defense Force. I wasn’t the only one to write, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the great advocate of peace and reconciliation, was among many, many others who wrote as well. To Stevie’s great credit he withdrew.
We are all part of the same old story, nothing has changed since the bad old days of apartheid South Africa and Segregated America. We must stand united with all our brothers and sisters against racism, colonialism, segregation and apartheid.
Please, Alicia, do not lend your name to give legitimacy to the Israeli government policies of illegal, apartheid, occupation of the homelands of the indigenous people of Palestine.
Others may try to persuade you that by playing in Israel you may magically effect some change; we know that this is not true, appeasement didn’t work with South Africa and it has not worked in Israel. I know I tried it ten years ago, things have only got worse.
I appeal to you to join the rising tide of resistance. Join the many millions of us in global civil society who stand together on the side of justice and peace for all humanity. “We shall overcome one day.”
With love and respect,
IOA Editor: Why not go to Alicia Key’s Facebook page and add a comment to any of her posts expressing your views on her upcoming performance in Israel? Or to her Twitter page? Or both? And, if you include a link to the IOA article page [THIS page], some of Alicia Keys’ followers might read it too.
Alicia Keys’ Facebook page:
Alicia Keys’ Twitter page:
The “New” Abu Ghraib exists 65 years.
1 shots 2 kills, displaying a pregnant woman in visor of a rifle
(more “IOF Fashion” below)
Update May 19, 2013
“Ezra” youth group indoctrinating Jewish kids to “burn Arabs” receives half a million $ annually from Israeli government
Related in Media
- May 19, 2013 | “Torching Arabs for Education”: Israel youth movement shirts display anti-Arab racism – Maan News Agency
Update March 24, 2013
WATCH: IDF does not want you to see what occupation looks like at 972 Magazine
Israeli corporal Ari Ben Reuven says: “break every bone” of crying Palestinian boy seized on way to school
The Electronic Intifada has captured even more horrifyingly racist and violent statements by Israeli soldiers on Facebook targeting Palestinian children as part of our effort to document this widespread phenomenon.
Update March 22, 2013
“Castrate them!” “Burn them!” “Bullet in the head!”: Facebook Israelis react to photo of Palestinian kids – Read the full report and watch footage/sources at Intifada
Update March 17, 2013
Israelis, including at least one person identifying himself as a soldier, reacted with genocidal joy on Facebook to the horrifying news that 17 Palestinians returning from a pilgrimage had been killed on March 16, 2013 in a bus accident in Jordan and dozens more injured.
Screen Capture 1
“I couldn’t ask for a better morning than this,” wrote Facebook user Kobi Yaacov Saroussi under an item about the accident on the Facebook page of Israel’s Channel 2, “Shame there isn’t another zero at the end [of the number of victims].”
Screen Capture 2
Among the most horrifying of the many horrifying comments were those of Chen Shaptiban who, based on a photo on his Facebook page, appears to be a member of the Israeli army’s notorious “Golani brigade” which was recently in the news because some of its members have posted shocking photographs on Instagram. One of Shaptiban’s reactions to the road accident was this:
May all Arabs die. There is no place for Arabs in the land of Israel. Maybe it sounds terrible to some people in north Tel Aviv, but they too do not deserve to live in this state, and yes, I am a proud racist, proud of my state and the soldiers guarding it!
Screen Capture 3
There were dozens more similar comments. Facebook user Demri Alice wrote “Finally it’s possible to ‘Like’ something,” to which she added a smiley face.
Screen Capture 4
“Great! Let’s hope everyone on the bus was an Arab!” said Eitan Wolfer Eifergan.
Screen Capture 5
“I’ve never tolerated Arabs,” wrote Kobi Noga, “I’m an extreme rightist. We should kill them all.”
Screen Capture 6
At Walla! for example, Elior Mizrahi commented, “Sabbath morning, a beautiful day!” and added a smiley face. Shai Hadad expressed the sentiment, “14 is too few, shame it wasn’t more.”
Screen Capture 7
Shenhav Sharbit, using the perjorative term “arboushim” – roughly the equivalent of the N-word – said Arabs could “all die” and that was “all good.”
Update Febr 27, 2013
Palestinian woman get’s attacked Lvov WWII pogrom style and a most ‘moral’ Israeli “police officer” Ariel Shapiro posts on FB:
Well Ariel Shapiro you’re on the wall of shame now too:
Update Febr 23, 2013
An Israeli soldier plays a “card game” with confiscated Palestinian identity cards Posted by“ybaruch”
Update Febr 23, 2013
Electronic Intifada digs on and finds more horrific images of soldiers posting their ‘trophy photos’ on the internet.
“Oops…one less Arab”: Even more disturbing Instagram images from the Israeli army
One of the most disturbing photos in my opinion, the ‘habit’ of the “IDF Fashion Show” back in 2009, formerly isolated as an incident, seems to continue like always. Below this post an overview of more shirt-prints with sickening messages. Watch & decide for yourselves:
The t-shirt says “My first bullet, his last breath.” Posted by “ybaruch” (Source).
For the full post and more photos exposed by Intifada click here
Update Febr 20, 2013
After Mor Sotrovski, Intifada exposes another soldier. Pot smoking, disgusting trophy photography which blast your mind.
Meet Osher Maman of the ‘Golani’ Brigade
Click on the photo to see the full article and photography: Stoned, naked, armed and dangerous: more disturbing images from an Israeli soldier’s Instagram
Febr 15, 2013
Israel has a male version of Eden Abergil: Mor Ostrovski, “showing off” sickening ‘trophy photos’ on Instagram, exposed by Electronic Intifada’s Ali Abunmah:
This disturbing image shows the back of the head of a child or young man as seen in the crosshairs of a rifle. The photo was posted on the personal Instagram account of Mor Ostrovski, a 20-year old Israeli soldier in a sniper unit.
The context – particularly the character of the buildings seen in the background of the image – strongly suggests the child could be Palestinian.
There are no other images to suggest that the photographer actually fired at the person in the image in this case. The image is simply tasteless and dehumanizing. It embodies the idea that Palestinian children are targets.
It reminded me of a chilling account another Israeli soldier gave to the group Breaking the Silence about how Israeli soldiers in Nablus in 2006-2007 would deliberately fire at children, sometimes using live ammunition and sometimes rubber-coated steel bullets:
Where do you aim? Do you choose some kid at random?
Yes. Choose someone, aim at his body.
Center of mass.
10 meters’ range at the center of mass?
I remember one time we put a kid down. We didn’t kill him but someone hit the kid in the chest and he fell and probably lost consciousness, or at least, it was pretty close. About 10 meters. (read the full article & updates by Ali Abunimah – watch more photos by Mor Ostrovski at the Electronic Intifada)
June 2, 2012
Israeli teens discuss on facebook how to deal with the refugees – burn, torture, castrate or murder them?
May 20, 2012
Radical Israeli settlers shot Nimir Fathi, 24, was shot in the neck, while Ahmad Jaber Jibrel, 30, was hit in the face with a rock. Report andVideo footage of the attack can be seen here
Below a picture of severely wounded Nimir Fathi, laying on the ground while Israeli soldiers are stepping on his arms.
Israeli Soldiers Continue Their Facebook Displays Soldier spraying “Be Right Back” on a wall.
Monday October 25, 2010 00:51 by Saed Bannoura – IMEMC & Agencies
The Israeli Walla News website published on Sunday several pictures published by Israeli soldiers on Facebook showing “memories” while humiliating Palestinians during the war on Gaza
The “most moral army in the world” terrorizing children: Child of Bassem Tamimi, laying on a matrass during a raid of his family home (Nov 24, 2011) flashing a peacesign.
Man on crutches being molested by troops
Another “Trophy” Picture, Cuffed Palestinian
היא הדוגמה שלך על תיקון עולם??
A man of G-d teaching his daughter to shoot. The main principle of the Torah is “love your fellow like yourself”
(Bereishit Raba, parsha 24,: piska 7).
This principle includes considering the consequences of our actions, not only in our own lives but also in the lives of our fellow human beings throughout future generations. The greater extent of fulfilling the Mitzvah to “love your fellow like yourself”
“At the time when Hashem created the first human being, He showed him each of the trees in the Garden of Eden and told him: “See my works how good and excellent they are! Now all that I created is for your sake. Think upon this. Do not corrupt or destroy My world. For if you destroy it, there will be no one to restore it after you.”
(Kohelet Raba 7:19)
IDF Fashion Week 2009 | Lawrence of Cyberia Weblog
More about “Dead Palestinian Babies And Bombed Mosques – IDF Fashion 2009″ by Uri Blau
Consolidating the various entries in the series, “Not Just A Slogan On A T-shirt”
Crimes seldom get punished. In stead.. awarded
And even animals are not safe for IOF
Border police officer kicking a child
As a reaction to this video, zionist reacted in a sickening, mentally distorted way, reported by Ali Abunimah July 2, 2012:
‘It’s a shame they didn’t kill him’: Israelis react to video of soldiers kicking Palestinian child
Eden Oreus (Gedera Regional High School): Channel 2, you are the garbage of the state, all respect to the Border Police officer and it’s a shame he didn’t put a bullet in the head of the son of a bitch videographer who documented it.
This posting from a high schooler was one of hundreds by Israeli Facebook users reacting with pride and joy, and incitement to violence and murder, on seeing a video of Israeli occupation soldiers in Hebron kicking a young Palestinian boy as he screams in pain.
The video, shot by a Palestinian videographer and released by B’Tselem, was widely reported in the Israeli media, and shows Israeli occupation soldiers in Hebron, occupied West Bank, violently assaulting a child whom B’Tselem identified as Abd al-Rahman Burqan, aged 9.
B’Tselem described the incident captured on film as follows:
The video shows a Border Police officer ambushing a child from around the corner. As the child walks past, the officer grabs him by the arm and says: “why are you making trouble?” The officer then drags the child, who is screaming, on the ground for a few seconds. A second Border Police officer then appears and kicks the boy. The officer then lets the child go. He runs away, and the two Border Police officers leave the scene as well.
Jessica Montell, the director of B’Tselem, said Israeli occupation authorities had opened an investigation into the incident, however in practice such investigations almost never lead to accountability and punishment of routine violence against Palestinians.
On Facebook: Calls for the child to be shot
On the Facebook Page of Israel’s Channel 2, dozens of Israeli Facebook users posted comments congratulating the soldiers and calling for more violence against children.
Avishy Nappe, for example, wrote that he would have put “five bullets through the head” of the boy.
Many Facebook users justified the violence against the child, claiming – without any evidence whatsoever – that he must have thrown rocks and therefore deserved the kicking.
Eliran Zarbiv wrote:
This boy threw stones a few minutes before the two soldiers, and wounded one of them in the head (the soldier who kicked) then the other soldier just managed to catch him, I have a friend in the [army] unit there – all honor to the IDF you are doing a great job Keep at it! If it were me, I would have smashed a [concrete] block on his head! Not just a kick!
Racist comments pervasive
It is important to emphasize that these kinds of racist and violent comments are not exceptional, but are pervasive and common. There are hundreds of them – far too numerous to translate and on Channel 2’s Facebook page they appear to far outnumber opposing sentiments.
Of course some Israelis expressed “shame” at the violent and racist comments, and on many occasions were denounced as “lefists” or worse for doing so. On the Facebook page of “100,000 Protestors Against the Occupation,” which drew attention to the racist comments on Channel 2’s page, for example, there were comments by a handful of Israeli Facebook users strongly condemning and lamenting the racism and calls for violence.
These are a few of the earliest comments posted in response to the Channel 2 item on the video:
Daniel Deri: It’s a shame he didn’t smash his face, the son of a bitch threw stones before. I wish each and every member of B’Tselem would die, those human scum.
Dan Malka: This should be done to all those children
Tal Avraham: Look at what you are writing … racists. Do you understand that what you are writing here is inhumane… You are disgusting and inhumane, sorry, but that’s the truth.
Kfir Levi: This time the little terrorist got off lightly.
Ariel Davidpur: The Border Police are the hero! It’s a shame he didn’t kill him with the kick.
Shira Oktan: Why all respect? It’s a child
Aviran Ezer: Since he’ll grow up to be a terrorist, it’s a shame he wasn’t killed.
The racism and incitement widely expressed online following this video echoes an incident earlier this year when many Israelis on Facebook expressed joy over the deaths of Palestinian children in a road accident.
Source by Electronic Intifada
Breaking bones policy
Israel is NOT looking for Peace but for this:
- “Greater Israel” Published by Radical Settler Movement
- On Aug 30,2010 Before previous peacetalks Netanyahu VOWED NO CONCESSIONS: “Eretz Israel” stretches from the med 2 river jordan INCL West Bank & Gaza
- With his OP-ED in #NYT anny Danon confirmed Netanyahu as well: “Making the Land of Israel Whole“
- Recently: Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said: “The land of Israel is ours in its entirety“
- Knesset to vote on full Israeli annexation of the West Bank
- Read what Israel thinks about US: Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily
- Netanyahu: ‘We won’t renew settlement freeze to lure PA to talks’
- Read, what Leaders of Zionism spoke about the Endlösung for Palestine
- Israel’s Endlösung is going on for 63 years. List of All massacres
- The massacre which is NOT covered by your local media: 2011
- What is being ignored: Gaza Under Attack – in pictures
- Save yourself time, Forget all details. It is only about this : Ethnic Cleansing
A Million Stories about the Zionist Rape of This World – in pictures
- Israel Arms & Trains Illegal Settlers for Rampage in Occupied Palestine – in pictures
- Leaked document “Operation Summer Seeds”: Israeli forces train & arm settlers to attack Palestinian protesters
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements | EI
- ! France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”
- Israel Warns Chemical Weapons Will Be Used Against Peaceful Palestine Protests
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades
- Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com
- Israel approves plan to uproot 30,000 Bedouins | September 11, 2011| 972Magazine
- Forum Dukium | Coexistance forum for Negev
- Greenwashing Apartheid – Free eBook of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network
- Special Topic | Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Quick Facts | 10 Facts about the Nakba
- Exclusive | Interactive map of Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba
More (‘Price Tag’) Attacks by Jewish Colonists in Palestine
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور
IN GOD ..oh no.. IN DOG WE TRUST | Wanted Dead Not Alive | Manhunt
- Special Topic | All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… | Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza | A “cover-up for settlement activity
- History of Resistance | The Eagle of Palestine
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
History of Israeli Genocide
Essential Read: The Promised Land ~ by Jad KhairAllah
But you are not supposed to know all of this. To silence truth, Israel’s propaganda machine works overtime
Truth does not matter for “Israel”. Buttons Do. To mute.
New Free Download
The Handbook Zionism hands out to their hasbara recruits to manipulate & brainwash the world to insult your won intelligence. Get facts, knowledge is protection!
A Must Read & Spread …
- HASBARA HANDBOOK | HOWTO
- 10 Big Media Lies about Israel
- Checkpoint Washington – Netanyahu: ‘America is a thing you can move very easily’ | How to Keep the ignorant…
- Israel investing $1.6 million in “new media warriors”
- Captain Israel | Sickening Hasbara Magazine
- Hasbara for Dummies-Insulting our Intelligence
- Hi Joe!
- IDF uses propaganda like an authoritarian regime
- MISCONCEPTIONS & MYTHS ABOUT THE ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN CONFLICT
- What The Media Forgets About Israel
Forget all details! It’s just about this!
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Quick Facts | 10 Facts about the Nakba
- EI Exclusive | Interactive map of Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba
Supported by… AIPAC
- AIPAC | Quick Facts
- AIPAC Bill will Destroy More American Jobs
- AIPAC Protests Disclosure of Its Secret Files
- AIPAC | What Every American Should Know
- AIPAC’s Scandalous Behaviors
- As a Holocaust survivor, AIPAC does not speak for me
- J Street, AIPAC, Palestine and Israel
- Panic from the Houses off Congress & AIPAC
- How Many Weapons to Israel?
- Costs of arming Israel can no longer be ignored
- US weapons to Israel deter peace
- New database reveals weapons to Israel, impact on
- US weapons give-a-way to Israel used to kill 735 Palestinian children in past decade
- US Weapons to Israel Are Disincentives to Peace
- Consequences of Israeli Chemical Weapons
- ei: Israel’s blood diamonds
And all those supporting it paying for this…
- Occupation 101 (Full Movie in 11 Parts) – video
- Al Nakba | English | The Full Movie - video
- All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
Last but not least….
Or listen to Jewish mankind with a real conscience
- New eBook of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network | Free Download
- Testimonies | Breaking the Silence | New Database online !
Don’t think it’s about “Arabs” or “Islam”… we are all Goyim!
- Zionist Crimes Against Christianity | 100.000 Christians ethnic cleansed in 1948
Something to ponder about…
For who not sees or who’s eyes are still closes. IOA has become exactly and even worse than those, they feared and hated once themselves. Using the same atrocities, policies to oppress, ethnically cleanse and eradicate human beings. Creating a new Shoah (Holocaust) for the Palestinians in 1948 with Al Nakba, and sustaining it by hasbara and the world’s ignorance or at least those not using their own mind to reconsider the realistic facts. So Hasbara in 16 words explained:
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it…”
~ Joseph Goebbels
…will be updated of course with related news or relevant counter “cyber truth ammo”. Stay Human, stay safe and Free Palestine!
Activists Resources | Knowledge is Power!
- The Veritas Handbook : The HOWTO Get Rid of Israeli Hasbara ( Propaganda ) Guide | free download
Palestine’s weapon of mass instruction | Electronic Intifada
- Handbook | Putting Technology to Work for Palestine Activism, V 1.0 | PDF
- Downloads | Palestine Internet Defence Force
Get Real (Hasbara Free) News from Palestine
- Alternative Information Center | AIC
- IMEMC | International Middle East Media Center
- Ma’an News Agency | AR | EN | HE |
- Middle East Monitor | MEMO
- Palestine Blogs | Continuous feed of (pro)Palestine Blogger’s News
- Palestine Information Center | Several Languages
- Palestine Chronicle
- Palestine Telegraph
- Wadi Hilweh Information Center | Silwan | Jerusalem
Also check the List of Bloggers and Activists, Organisations working for Palestine
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.