Reporters Without Borders calls for the immediate and unconditional release of Mohamed Al-Azza, a Palestinian photographer held incommunicado and without charge in an unknown place of detention by the Israeli authorities for the past three days.
Azza, who works for Palestinian News Network and Ma’an News, was arrested by members of the Israel Defence Forces at his home in Aida refugee camp, 2 km north of the West Bank city of Bethlehem, on 30 June.
Family members and his lawyer said he was hit several times and sustained injuries at the time of his arrest.
Azza was hospitalized after being hit in the face by a rubber-coated bullet fired by an Israeli soldier while covering an IDF incursion into his refugee camp on 8 April. According to the information obtained by Reporters Without Borders, the IDF had been looking for him ever since his release from hospital.
In the same country Israel
- Unsupported accusations against French TV correspondent over coverage of Palestinian teenager’s shooting – 22 May 2013
- Israeli authorities urged to release Palestinian cartoonist – 21 February 2013
- RWB condemns air strikes on news media in Gaza city – 18 November 2012
- Tel Aviv court approves Uri Blau’s plea bargain with district attorney – 3 September 2012
- Israeli soldiers arrest Palestinian radio journalist at his home near Hebron – 7 June 2012
|All Attacks on Press and Journalism – Category|
|Truth does not matter for “Israel”. Buttons Do. To mute.|
|All Attacks on Palestinians – Timeline – Category|
|Hacking Palestine: A Digital Occupation – Al Jazeera|
Israel’s War on Truth (& Press)
Listen to Abby Martin! Israel’s War on Truth | Brainwash Update