Published on Jul 3, 2013 by PressTV
Palestinians bury the body of a 19-year-old boy who was brutally killed by Israeli forces. The teenager was run over by an Israeli military vehicle after being shot by soldiers in the West Bank town of Doura on Tuesday.
Press TV’s Hanna Qassis reports Ramallah
HEBRON (Ma’an) — A Palestinian man died Tuesday morning from injuries sustained after midnight when he was struck down by an Israeli military vehicle in the Dura city in the southern West Bank district of Hebron.
A Palestinian security source told Ma’an that the military vehicle deliberately hit Muatazz Idreis Sharawnah, 19, during clashes between Israeli troops and young Palestinian men in the city.
Locals said Israeli forces impeded the access of Palestinian Red Crescent Association paramedics when they attempted to reach Sharawnah to offer emergency care and evacuate him to hospital.
Medics from Hebron’s public hospital declared Sharawnah dead on Tuesday morning.
Locals said Sharawnah was a student at the Palestinian Authority Military Academy in Jericho.
Israeli forces deployed heavily in the city and erected a number of checkpoints following the incident.
The Israeli army told Ma’an that the incident was currently being investigated to ascertain Sharawnah’s cause of death.
“Initial evidence suggests that one of the suspects began ascending one of the military vehicles. (Israeli forces) once again warned the suspect, and used riot dispersal means. Finally they had to respond with fire towards one of the suspects,” the spokeswoman told Ma’an.
The army said it was unable to confirm yet if Sharawnah was shot by forces or was struck down by the car, pending the investigation, and said it would be releasing more details on the incident once available.
When Cars Become Weapons
No incidents. A Policy. A deadly one.
Related in Media
- July 2, 2013 | Palestinian Killed In Hebron – IMEMC News
- July 2, 2013 | Israeli Forces Run Over, Kill Palestinian in Hebron – PNN English
- July 2, 2013 | Forensics confirm Dura man shot by Israeli forces – Ma’an News
- July 2, 2013 | ‘Israel forces kill Palestinian teenager’ – PressTV
- July 2, 2013 | Israeli forces kill Palestinian teenager in West Bank – Al Akhbar English
- July 2, 2013 | Clashes in Dura after man killed by Israeli forces – Ma’an News
- July 2, 2013 | Photos | Funeral of Shaheed Muatazz Idreis Sharawna
- July 2, 2013 | Martyr Sharawna shot with a dumdum by IOF before being run over – PIC
- July 2, 2013 | Israeli forces use explosive bullet to kill Palestinian youth - Middle East Monitor
- July 3, 2013 | When soldiers saw him coming with flag they drew their guns and shot him -Cold blooded murder of 19-year-old in Dura - ISM Palestine
- July 3, 2013 | Massive attendance at funeral of teen slain by Israeli soldiers – PIC
- July 3, 2013 | Mu’ataz Sharawneh ~ by Khalid Amayreh