“An Israeli military force, undercover forces, and Israeli police came and demolished the house, turning it into a pile of stones,” homeowner Younis Awad Abu Ghanem told Ma’an.
The home was located in the village of Tal al-Saba.
A delegation of officials from the Islamic Movement visited Abu Ghanem following the demolition.
Younis Awad Abu Ghanem said he would not leave his land despite the home demolition.
Israeli forces demolished two Palestinian homes in the Negev village of Arara Ba-Negev on Wednesday.
The Israeli government in January approved the Prawer-Begin Bill, calling for the relocation of 30,000 – 40,000 Bedouin, the demolition of about 40 villages and the confiscation of more than 700,000 dunums of land in the Negev.
Full text of the Prawer Plan
The Prawer Plan: What you need to know
What is the Prawer Plan
Demolition and Eviction of Bedouin Citizens of Israel in the Naqab (Negev) – The Prawer Plan
- Cancel the Prawer Plan
- Recognize the “unrecognized villages” and the land claims of the indigenous Arab Bedouin community
- Halt home demolitions and forced evictions
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with the Arab Bedouin community and the Arab political leadership to justly resolve the land claims
- Invest in greater health, education, and employment opportunities for Arab Bedouin citizens of Israel
Related in Media
- ‘When I look at the Prawer Plan, I see another Nakba’ – Source
- 2005: advisor to Peres already told US Negev “development” plan meant “relocation” of 65,000 Bedouin – Source
- All the Facts About Bedouin Settlement of the Negev ~ by Rabbis for Human Rights
- Adalah “Palestinian community prepares for General Strike against the Prawer Plan, get to know the people – Source
- Every Red Dot on map: 1 of Palestine’s towns eradicated from earth. Now Israel wants to eradicate 45 more towns. – Source
- Stand with @rhreng and support Bedouin rights! – Source
- July 20, 2013 | Amnesty International labels Prawer-Begin Bill as racist – More
- July 21, 2013 |Three Myths about the Bedouin ~ Rabbis for Humanrights
Related: Israel. Not looking for Peace. Nor Talks. But this… ~ The Facts