Gaza, Alray – PLO Executive Committee member Hanan Ashrawi called on the Dutch engineering firm, Royal HaskoningDHV, to end its involvement in the development of an Israeli project in occupied East Jerusalem.
“This project, allegedy a municipal wastewater treatment plant commissioned by Israeli authorities, will be built in occupied East Jerusalem. The primary objective of this plant is to serve and to strengthen Israel’s illegal settlements; to deepen its annexation of East Jerusalem; and to consolidate its occupation of the West Bank – not to provide clean water to Palestinians,” PNN reported Ashrawi.
“Contrary to what some may claim, the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) is not a partner in this project; the PNA has explicitly and repeatedly expressed its strong objection to the project, and such a position has been communicated to Royal HaskoningDHV, as well as to the Dutch government.” Ashrawi added.
Royal HaskoningDHV recently confirmed that it works with the highest regard for integrity and always follow (inter)national laws and regulations.
“We warmly welcome this clear commitment and call on Royal HaskoningDHV to act accordingly and to altogether end its involvement with this Israeli project that contravenes international law”, stressed Dr. Ashrawi.
“We would like to see Royal HaskoningDHV in Palestine and to invite the company to share its remarkable know-how and skills. However, its activities must adhere to international and humanitarian law and be commissioned by Palestinian authorities and contribute to an independent and sovereign Palestinian state on 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital.”
“I commend the Dutch government for translating its opposition to Israel’s disastrous settlement policy into action, in line with EU policy, and for urging Royal HaskoningDHV to end its involvement in this illegal project,” concluded Dr. Ashrawi.
More Dutch Complicity | Israel’s Facade at the Dutch Floriade WorldExpo
June 2, 2012
During the World Expo Floriade 2012 which lasts from April 5 to October 7 2012, we will update this special topic with related news from Palestine
Without any shame Israel currently has erected a facade at World Expo Floriade 2012 and boasting about it’s ‘achievements’ in agricultural and water development. Not only this: It allows it’s visitors to design “imaginative fruit, vegetables and flowers” For each ‘creation’ Israel will donate 100 seeds “to end ‘hunger‘.
So it’s about time, the Dutch who are apparently hosting apartheid and the visitors of this “fair” learn to know the real meaning of “fair” and “unfair”
According to the website of Floriade Israel is showing videos of the following:
“Around the pavilion’s entrances we will present 4 videos displaying Israel and its achievements in 4 different areas: Water (fighting desertification), Agriculture, Tel Aviv and History”
Israel showing off so called developments of horticultural and agricultural, environmental technologies, also aided by the Dutch government is far from developing other than it’s own ‘acquired’ by theft and looted lands, exploited and all, which is not exploitable or fit for annexation, pollute, burn down, uprooting or even worse. With no intention of developing or aiding this environment, nor this world, and least of all end famine or thirst but the opposite. It deploys all of these “policies” to develop new ways and methods to deploy them as tools of ethnic cleansing:
- Facts | Since 1967, Israel has destroyed 2,5 million trees (fruit and olive trees) | Report, Page 31
- Facts | Only 5% of Gaza’s water is fit for human consumption due to Israeli policies and siege | Reports
- Facts | Dams are being flooded deliberately in Gaza to cause damage to the environment and harass the people of Gaza | Photos
- Facts | In the West Bank, illegal settlers deliberately flood their sewage on Palestinian lands | Report/a>
- Facts | These policies, or restrictions on allowing repair materials cause a health hazard for aquifiers do not work | Research EWash
- Facts | All continously up-to-date info about Palestine’s water crisis caused by Israel at EWash
- Facts | 85% of Palestine’s water has been stolen or demolished by Israeli occupation | Report
- Facts | 90% of West Bank’s water is under occupation control | Source
- Facts | A complete list of by Israel destroyed water structures since 2009 | List
- Facts | Israel is systematically depriving Palestine from water which is a human right | Website Right to Water
- Facts | Gaza’s water is too contaminated to drink | New Report by Medical Aid for Palestinians
- Facts | Hundreds of Palestine’s villages have been vanished from the earth to make the desert bloom, every red dot on this map is a village which has been eradicated to “develop” | Map
- Facts | Which is called: Greenwashing Apartheid . read it all in the Anti-Zionist Network’s ebook | PDF EBook
- Facts | To make “the desert bloom” currently almost 57.000 bedouin are being uprooted in Negev Desert and Jordan Valley | Facts & Documentary
- Facts | Hence development: Israel is even poisoning Palestinian grapevines | Report
- Facts | Aside from poisoning land Israel also damages land with nuclear and chemical weapons | Special Topic
- Facts | All the EU aid going to projects for Palestine: Those project are systematically being destroyed by Israel | Report by Daan Bouwens
- Related news updated below this blogpost
Now the Dutch, hosting this UN”FAIR” are complicit in many aspects of these ongoing de-developing issues for Palestine. For as Minister Verhagen calling Israel a close ally in his latest speech in Israel, has been granting technology to Israel as well as tax money and all assistance possible for the big Israeli gas looting in Palestine’s off shore waters, for placing electronic sensors on leaves of plants rooted in stolen soil, even supports Gaza with aid for exports which never leave the Gaza Strip.
Carnages, destined for exports are being eaten by donkeys and cows for Israel does not allow them out. But when Jewish holidays fear a lack of palm fronds, all of a sudden all borders can be opened to import them from Gaza.
So why you didn’t know all of this? Simply because Maxime Verhagen and Uri Rosenthal (#UriNeverLies!) maintain the Dutch motto “Ignorance is Bliss”: “Wat niet weet wat niet deert”
By withholding facts, being a mouthpiece for israeli occupation and mainly by blocking any report about such violations and even using the Dutch veto to block a EU report exposing such.
The Netherlands blocked an EU Report about Israeli settler violence. Former Prime Minister of the Netherlands Dries van Agt and his @TheRightsForum published it and broke the silence, although I doubt many of the Europeans comprehend the complicity and consequences of their ignorance, for aid goes on, silence too, enabling Israel to continue it’s deprivation and development of own serving techniques beyond any comprehension and surely not for the cause which is now again, showed off at the Floriade!
Update June 16, 2012 | Because of Holland blocking the report about Settler Violence in the West Bank, ‘Gentlemen’ Verhagen and Uri Rosenthal of course also ‘forgot’ to mention this article of NL-Aid, website states funded by Dutch Ministery of Foreign affairs: Plunder of Palestinian natural resources is “corporate war crime,” manual explains – Linking to a report by James G. Stewart of the Open Society Justice Initiative which has been public only since 2011.
Israel pretending to End Hunger…
The poster on the image depicting “Helping End Hunger” is quite appalling knowing these facts:
- Facts | Israel deliberately starves Gazans. It even tried to go to supreme court to prevent exposure of documents which expose near starvation policies.
- Facts | Last night of the writing of this post, extremist settlers torched a 1000 year old olive tree | Resource
- Facts | Last week settlers were caught red handed on video torching olive fields | Video
- Facts | Recent report showed that infringement and deprivation of fuel also causes damage to Palestinian agriculture | Report
- Facts | 35% of #Gaza’s farmland & 85% of its fishing waters are totally or partially inaccessible due to Israeli restrictions” | OCHA Report June 2012
- Facts | The whole collection of united deprivation methods developed by Israel are creating a true Warsaw ghetto version 2012 in Gaza | Report
- Facts | More and more infants are suffering mal nutrition in Gaza due to the siege imposed by Israel | Irin 2009 report | WHO report 2010 | Terre des Hommes Report 2012
- Related news updated below this blogpost
So this ”Small Touch” and “End Hunger” – hasbara campaign is far beyond realistic. It’s appalling. It’s policies not only cause daily suffering but permanent damage to environment and health as well. Already world’s NGO’s speak of health and environmental disasters while in all silence, it allows Israel to exhibit it’s propaganda totally ignoring the facts.
Already in 2008, guardian covered a leaked report of the Red Cross stating devastating chronic malnutrition in Gaza.
Not only settlers, also the army is structurally destroying agricultural developed lands of Palestinians in Gaza as well as in the West Bank, damaging not only environment but also the economy and food/trade supplies of Palestine, literally all means are deployed to make Palestinians tired and make or force them to leave.
A Final Word: Know your ‘ charitable friends’
“Innovation can be found in aspects such as a system that treats rainwater in an alternative way without using any artificial energy or chemicals. The Hidden Garden portrays the tranquility and special atmosphere of the country of Israel.” Web Floriade 2012
Hidden yes. Not the garden at the Floriade but the hidden lies. A shameless and almost pornographic display of so called altruims at cost of the nation of Palestine, it’s heritage, culture, properties and health. For sure, no portray of tranquility and the special atmosphere of ethnic cleansing in the “country of Israel” which is build on the ruins and blood of Palestine. The “hothouse” of genocide displaying itself as is depicted below while daily shooting and even killing farmers.
A comprehensive overview of attacks on farmers being obstructed to do their work, get attacked or even killed can be seen at the website of Farming under Fire. Or watch and witness with your own eyes, Essam Aoudhi, farmer and father who was slayed by Israeli occupation while at work (Photos)
At the expo “A huge impressive globe displays information about Israel’s connection to different countries.” so you easily can recognize the countries, complicit in these lies and aiding Israel by practical means, your tax-money or their silence to sustain this Apartheid.
The lies even captured on video
“A small country, global touch” Watch to believe it!
Boycott the Floriade.
Boycott Israeli Goods.
Do not support genocide nor apartheid.
Act against the destruction of Palestine’s water-resources, health hazards, environmental damage, uprooting of trees, demolitions of livelihoods and economical damage done to Palestinians. And most important: Share this information and end the ignorance and lies about Israel’s so called repairing of this world.
More information about Israel’s exploitation of Palestine and the boycott-movement against Israeli goods can be found here:
Israeli seeds better for the planet? Not at all. Don’t aid the seed of Apartheid to flourish any more!
- BDS Manual | PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions about BDS | FAQ
- Factsheet| BDS
- BDS | on Youtube
- BDS | BDS Movement
- BDS | BDS Nederland
- BDS | Boycot Israel
- BDS | In Minds
- BDS | Mona Baker’s Page
- BDS | MyLinksPage
- BDS | The Big Campaign
- Campaign | Boycot 729
For more information and to stay updated at twitter
For reliable news on Palestine
A list of Palestine news, resources, blogs and tweeps | here
- Floriade 2012 | Israëlische façade op de Floriade – Meedogenloos.nl (Dutch article)
- April 1, 2012 | Agriculture failing due to Gaza power crisis | Maan News Agency
- May 23, 2012 | Water apartheid leaves Palestinian children ill | Electronic Intifada
- June 5, 2012 | In a recent report , Al Mezan center for Human Rights facts are related that Israel’s blockade damaged the environment in Gaza | Report
- June 8, 2012 | Water desalination projects to solve Gaza’s problems: a wolf in sheep’s clothing? | Electronic Intifada
- June 9, 2012 | Gaza health ministry cautions over 450 medical items running out | Petra Jordan News Agency
- June 11, 2012 | Officials call for action as Bethlehem villages run dry | Ewash report
- June 14, 2012 | Gaza water too contaminated to drink, say charities | BBC
- June 14, 2012 | Power cuts leave Gaza farmers in crisis | Gulfnews
- June 15, 2012 | Gaza’s deadly drinking water | Qassam Website
- June 16, 2012 | OCHA launched a new web portal on the Gaza blockade – Water is featured prominently | UN OCHA
- June 18, 2012 | WHO: Occupied Palestinian Territories face serious water problem | MEMO
- June 24, 2012 | The Wall, 10 years on: part 9 / Dividing the land – water, fauna and flora | 972 Magazine
- June 25, 2012 | Gaza’s water to dangerous to drink | The Green Prophet
- June 26, 2012 | Israel uses water as a weapon against indigenous population | PIC
- Israel Arms & Trains Illegal Settlers for Rampage in Occupied Palestine – in pictures
- Leaked document “Operation Summer Seeds”: Israeli forces train & arm settlers to attack Palestinian protesters
- MP Barghouthi warns of massacres after Israel arms, trains settlers
- Israel gives settlers weapons for September
- How US “charities” break tax laws to fund Israeli settlements | EI
- ! France’s JDL’s “Travel Agency” Call for “Militant Rampage Trip”
- Israel Warns Chemical Weapons Will Be Used Against Peaceful Palestine Protests
- Israeli settlers to be armed with dogs as well as tear gas and stun grenades
- Settler Attack dogs of the West Bank | Video | Reuters.com
- Israel approves plan to uproot 30,000 Bedouins | September 11, 2011| 972Magazine
- Forum Dukium | Coexistance forum for Negev
- Greenwashing Apartheid – Free eBook of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network
Resources/Reports regarding Water Crisis
|Oral statement delivered to UNCESCR by the Emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene group (EWASH) | Source|
|Letter sent by Dr. Shaddad Atili, Minister of the Palestinian Water Authority to Mr. Oded Fixler, Co-Chairman of Joint Water Committee on PWA’s suspension of multilateral projects with Israel | Source
|Statement by the United Nations Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for the occupied Palestinian territory, Maxwell Gaylard, on Continuing Demolition of Water Cisterns in the West Bank | Source
|Statement by the Minister of the Palestinian Water Authority on Israel’s destruction of water cisterns in the occupied Palestinian territory | Source|
|Letter sent by EWASH to EU Commissioner for External Relations, Lady Catherine Ashton | Source
|Response of EU Commissioner for External Relations, Lady Catherine Ashton to EWASH letter | Source
Photos: More (‘Price Tag’) Attacks by Jewish Colonists
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور
- Special Topic | Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- Special Topic | Ethnic Cleansing
- Quick Facts | 10 Facts about the Nakba
- Exclusive | Interactive map of Palestine villages destroyed during Nakba