“The entire enterprise of a Jewish state in Palestine is built upon an express rejection of international law.”
GAZA, (PIC)– First Deputy Chairman of the Palestinian Legislative Council, Dr. Ahmed Bahar, has called on PA to ‘unleash West Bank resistance for the liberation of prisoners and al-Aqsa mosque’ and to stop security coordination and absurd negotiations with the occupation authorities.
Bahar’s statement came during a sit-in on Monday outside the Red Cross headquarters in solidarity with the Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.
Our prisoners are defending the nation’s dignity and Palestine, he said, adding that the Palestinian people are able to liberate prisoners and al-Aqsa mosque.
He stressed that the patient prisoners have declared a hunger strike and Dirar Abu Sisi is still held in solitary confinement in violation of international law.
He called on Arab and Islamic leaders to bear their responsibilities towards the Palestinian people in light the Israeli Judaization schemes in occupied Jerusalem and al-Aqsa mosque.
He stressed that the Palestinian people will not stand silent towards these Israeli escalated crimes in reference to what happened in al-Khalil and Qalqilya.
For his part, the leader in Hamas movement Hussein Abu Quaik considered the killing of the two Israeli soldiers in al-Khalil and Qalqilya a failure of the Israeli security policy.
The continued Israeli terrorism against the Palestinian people and holy sites has led to the escalation of the Palestinian resistance in West Bank, he said.
He stressed that the Israeli daily attacks against Palestinians and their properties constituted direct pressure and provocation to the Palestinian people.
Abu Quick pointed out that the resistance activities in the northern and southern West Bank proved the failure of security coordination between the PA and the Israeli occupation forces in liquidating the Palestinian resistance.
For his part, Dr. Abdel Sattar Qassem, professor of political science at An-Najah National University in Nablus, predicted that the killing of the two soldiers in al-Khalil and Qalqilya was an individual act of taking revenge as a response to the Israeli continued provocations in West Bank.
Individual resistance acts have declined in West Bank due to the PA persecution of the resistance elements, he said.
The political analyst has called on Palestinian resistance in the West Bank to rearrange their ranks to fight against the occupation, stressing that the resistance is able to fight the occupation.
Meanwhile, Hamas movement said that the killing of the Israeli soldiers is a natural response to the Israeli crimes against al-Aqsa mosque and Israeli attempts to liquidate the Palestinian cause.
The spokesman for movement stressed in a press statement on Monday, that the recent resistance operation against the Israeli soldiers proves the resistance’s strength in the West Bank.
Meanwhile, al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas movement, blessed the resistance attacks against occupation soldiers.
Spokesman for the brigades, Abu Obeida, stressed on the resistance option in the occupied West Bank.
An Israeli soldier was killed near the Ibrahimi mosque in Al-Khalil when his army patrol came under resistance fire on Sunday evening a day after the killing of another Israeli soldier in Qalqilya.
For who does not understand the need or concept of the lawful right as stipulated in International Law of resistance regarding occupied Palestine, recommended reads:
- Palestinian Resistance: The Political, Social and Human Right of Self-Defense – Brayer
- International Law and the al-Aqsa Intifada – Prof. Em. Richard Falk
- Self-determination and the “right” to resist occupation – Legal Frontiers
- Resistance to Israeli occupation – a right? – Information Clearing House
- Right of Civil Resistance under International Law &the Domestic Necessity Defense~ Lippman, Matthew – HEIN Online
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years – Source
- The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
For continuous insight bookmark the following two pages which are live updates 24/7 regarding all Israeli attacks, assaults and violations of Palestinians and their rights, violent and non violent by policies.
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE RESISTANCE “ROCKETS” FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This